Shipping

Old Mar 10th 2006, 7:51 pm
Who me ?

Fireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of light
Default Shipping

Hi,
Would you be so kind as to advise me of the companies you used to ship your worldly belongings from UK to NZ and if you don't mind...were they any good and roughly how much did it cost.....
Many thanks in advance for all the help

Ali
Old Mar 11th 2006, 12:59 am
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping

Originally Posted by Fireman Al
Hi,
Would you be so kind as to advise me of the companies you used to ship your worldly belongings from UK to NZ and if you don't mind...were they any good and roughly how much did it cost.....

Ali
PSS - £2500 for most of a 20ft container. very good - would recommend.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Ali
Crown £4000, 20ft container full. Leaves in 3 weeks, will let you know about service, but very proffessional so far
All the best xx
Old Mar 11th 2006, 12:58 pm
Who me ?

Fireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by poppets
Crown £4000, 20ft container full. Leaves in 3 weeks, will let you know about service, but very proffessional so far
All the best xx

Whereabouts are you heading to in NZ ?

Ali
Old Mar 11th 2006, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Whereabouts are you heading to in NZ ?

Ali
Wellington, but not sure what area til hubby gets a job. How about you?
Old Mar 11th 2006, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

PSS - £3600 for a rammed full 20ft container - excellent service both ends - and we had slight damage which was resolved without any hassle.
Old Mar 12th 2006, 12:16 am
Just Joined

jon k is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Ali
We used pickfords and would NEVER reccomend them. All quite good up front but as soon as they had our stuff the fine print etc started costing us. No, not happy with them. Bit of a downer after all the stresses and strains of emigrating.
jon
Old Mar 12th 2006, 3:11 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

We used Hadley & Ottaway from Norwich, I cant remember now exactly how much they were, I think it was about 3.6K for a full 20ft container... but we did have 3 pinball machines crated up as well in that load. (they were custom built for each individual machine). They were excellent, and I would recommend them to anybody.
Old Mar 12th 2006, 1:50 pm
Who me ?

Originally Posted by poppets
Wellington, but not sure what area til hubby gets a job. How about you?

More than likely Auckland but we'll live just out of it and i'll travel in to work. Have got an interview end of April for the Fire Service....fingers crossed !

Ali
x
Old Mar 12th 2006, 5:57 pm
Not a Junior Member!

Lisa T has a spectacular aura aboutLisa T has a spectacular aura aboutLisa T has a spectacular aura about

We're using Crown. They have been brilliatnt so far. Around £3.5K for 20 Ft and £6.5 for 40 ft and they are happy to store things at any end.

Good luck in Auckland. My OH already living there and hopefully we maybe on our way soon!
Old Mar 12th 2006, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Winnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud of

We used Crown. Very good so far, we recieve our shipment on friday, yippeee!!! We'll be able to sit on a suite and eat of proper plates, not sit on sun loungers and eat of plastic plates!
The shipment has seemed to take a long time, they picked them up at the beginning of december, so took just over 3 months. We didn't have a full container tho and it was over the xmas period. Price: think it was about £3.5K (including the insurance)
Old Mar 12th 2006, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Winnie
just over 3 months.
Now I am scared :scared:

Was hoping it was quicker than that.
Old Mar 12th 2006, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

More than likely Auckland but we'll live just out of it and i'll travel in to work. Have got an interview end of April for the Fire Service....fingers crossed !

Ali
x

good luck with the interview xx
Old Mar 12th 2006, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by planty
Now I am scared :scared:

Was hoping it was quicker than that.
If you've got a full container it will get transported on the next available ship - ours took 6 weeks - picked up 31st Aug, departed 1st September, arrived 10th Oct. If you're going shared then you have to wait till they've got enough stuff going the same route to fill a container.
Vicki