Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Shippers coming for a quote

Shippers coming for a quote

Old Sep 28th 2010, 6:55 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shippers coming for a quote

Originally Posted by Mrs Pointer
We don't have kids so the smaller container is cheaper
Even with a 40ft they don´t let you ship the kids in it
Old Sep 29th 2010, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

Mrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really nice

Originally Posted by simonsi
Even with a 40ft they don´t let you ship the kids in it
hehe....
Old Sep 29th 2010, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

londonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of light

cheers for all that.

I love my toaster though, so it's coming. It's got a wee button and the bread goes down electronically .

We've just got a 20ft container and we're taking everything. We don't have kids so the smaller container is cheaper

We will have to move out of our house and into temporary accommodation once our house sales completes so we'll ditch the junk then. If it's not useful, beautiful or seriously sentimental it ain't coming.

It's really it's only stuff though - I'll only be happy once my hairy hooligans arrive.
Ah yes I hear what you are saying, I have my eye on a toaster which is a work of art....one day maybe I can persuade my rather tight fisted husband to part with money to pay for it (he just doesn't see the beauty in such things sigh). It's such a theraputic exercise in a way, moving house you have a big old clearout and spring clean your life if that makes sense?

Sending lots of good vibes to your four legged ones do let us know when they arrive safely Now ours is here we feel complete
Old Sep 29th 2010, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really nice

Originally Posted by londonescapee
Ah yes I hear what you are saying, I have my eye on a toaster which is a work of art....one day maybe I can persuade my rather tight fisted husband to part with money to pay for it (he just doesn't see the beauty in such things sigh). It's such a theraputic exercise in a way, moving house you have a big old clearout and spring clean your life if that makes sense?

Sending lots of good vibes to your four legged ones do let us know when they arrive safely Now ours is here we feel complete
Well we're not planning to go till March 31...though the OH has a job interview with his current company in Wellington so that might move our deadlines. but given we're getting married in February, that will be interesting
Old Sep 30th 2010, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

londonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of light

Well we're not planning to go till March 31...though the OH has a job interview with his current company in Wellington so that might move our deadlines. but given we're getting married in February, that will be interesting
Oh yes of course I forgot both of those dates will be here before you know it! Have you decided what to do with your wedding dress yet ie keep it and ship it over or sell it? Honest, you need to think about it because it takes forever to get it dry cleaned and then the weight of them can be very expensive to take on the plane with you - speaking from first hand experience I left it waaaay too late stupid me.
Old Sep 30th 2010, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by londonescapee
Oh yes of course I forgot both of those dates will be here before you know it! Have you decided what to do with your wedding dress yet ie keep it and ship it over or sell it? Honest, you need to think about it because it takes forever to get it dry cleaned and then the weight of them can be very expensive to take on the plane with you - speaking from first hand experience I left it waaaay too late stupid me.
Would it be a bad idea to put it in the container in one of the clothes container boxes?
Old Sep 30th 2010, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Would it be a bad idea to put it in the container in one of the clothes container boxes?
Yes definitely if you have the time after your wedding? You can get a bespoke box made as well (which I did and then had to bin ) and the packers can just wrap that up for you. Allow at least 2 weeks for your dress to be dry cleaned! Mine missed the shippers by 2 days I was so gutted!