British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   she who but be obeyed has spoken!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/she-who-but-obeyed-has-spoken-297662/)

Steve'N'Serena Apr 19th 2005 5:21 pm

she who but be obeyed has spoken!!

She who must be obeyed has spoken......
It look like, after much discussion, Dunedin is where we are focusing on.
Can anyone advise on the best schools (secondary) maybe co-ed, but if i had my way 'Girls only' i need to make contact with them and get some feed back. They of course will give me a load of old flannel, so someone who REALLY knows what's what will help hugely
Many thanks in anticipation
Steve :confused:

newkiwi Apr 20th 2005 2:43 am

Re: she who but be obeyed has spoken!!

Originally Posted by Steve'N'Serena
She who must be obeyed has spoken......
It look like, after much discussion, Dunedin is where we are focusing on.
Can anyone advise on the best schools (secondary) maybe co-ed, but if i had my way 'Girls only' i need to make contact with them and get some feed back. They of course will give me a load of old flannel, so someone who REALLY knows what's what will help hugely
Many thanks in anticipation
Steve :confused:

There is a database of schools with detailed reports on all. Ithink you can find it be searching on the Dept of Education website. In NZ schools get rated into Deciles, which reflect the socio economic background of the zoning it is in. I think 10 is the most affluent and 1 the least. Could start wioth a google on school deciles in NZ or something like that.

The database of reports, if you find it , gives quite a bit of detail, ive seen it b4 but cant remember where it is at and dont really want to look for it again. Nice little project for prospective immigrants though......
:)

Jasper8009 Apr 20th 2005 3:30 am

Check under MOE site- www.minedu.govt.nz and then look for ERO reports (Ed Review Office). Like UK OFSTED reports- gives a lot of good info. can serahc by city or name. Good luck.

Sally1 Apr 20th 2005 9:28 am

Hi Stefe and Serena

I have asked my cousin about area's and schooling in Dunedin but just to let you know that she is leaving NZ tomorrow for a triop back to the UK and Europe. I will be seeing her in May but it may be too late for you then, can't remember what your plans were. She has proised to catch up with me either by email or phone when she arrives. I also have contacted another Kiwi contact in Dunedin and will let you know when they reply.

Good luck

Steve'N'Serena Apr 20th 2005 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by Sally
Hi Stefe and Serena

I have asked my cousin about area's and schooling in Dunedin but just to let you know that she is leaving NZ tomorrow for a triop back to the UK and Europe. I will be seeing her in May but it may be too late for you then, can't remember what your plans were. She has proised to catch up with me either by email or phone when she arrives. I also have contacted another Kiwi contact in Dunedin and will let you know when they reply.

Good luck

Thanks Sally
I would like to say that we have plenty of time, but I found out that EOI was selected on the 13th and i have just heard today that it was successfull, that's 7 days it all seems very quick, maybe things will start to slow down. so please have a chat your cousin and any friends. i would welcome any advice
many thanks again
Steve :)

Steve'N'Serena Apr 20th 2005 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper8009
Check under MOE site- www.minedu.govt.nz and then look for ERO reports (Ed Review Office). Like UK OFSTED reports- gives a lot of good info. can serahc by city or name. Good luck.

big thanks..............that site is V useful lots of info, i can recommend it
Cheers
Steve :beer: