Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Sharing a container? Nov/ Dec 2012?

Sharing a container? Nov/ Dec 2012?

Old Aug 2nd 2011, 7:34 am
Just Joined

joandcraig is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Sharing a container? Nov/ Dec 2012?

Hi,

I am not sure if this is possible but could anyone advise whether it is possible to share a container? We only need about half or a third for our house in Wellington. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Am posting another thread soon about fitting kitchens etc.....

Thanks,
Jo
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

johnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nice
Default Re: Sharing a container? Nov/ Dec 2012?

hi joandcraig,
Yes it is possible to send a part container load and the shipping co will usually sort out finding the rest of the container load. This takes time in addition to the regular shipping time, most websites that I have looked at say 3 or 4 weeks extra. It's an extra variable that you don't have a lot of control over.

john.
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 6:22 pm
Just Joined

joandcraig is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by johnht
hi joandcraig,
Yes it is possible to send a part container load and the shipping co will usually sort out finding the rest of the container load. This takes time in addition to the regular shipping time, most websites that I have looked at say 3 or 4 weeks extra. It's an extra variable that you don't have a lot of control over.

john.
Thanks for your reply - I am going to start looking at companies - do you or anyone else have any recommendations for 'good' ones???

Thanks,
Jo
Old Aug 13th 2011, 6:53 am
Just Joined

JohnMartha is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi There
we just organised our shipping for October , part container as well , we went with Doree Bonner , found them very easy to use and deal with , plus they have an online Shipping calculator , we never took the insurance with them we used another company recommended on here LETTON PERCIVAL there rate was 1.25 % compared to Doree Bonners 3% , but as soon as I mentioned we were looking elsewhere Doree came down to 2% so it pays to barter !!! we still stayed with LP another very helpful company Ian Harrison was our contact .Good luck n your search and your move to NZ