British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Shared container from UK to NZ. Flexible (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/shared-container-uk-nz-flexible-796090/)

BritishKiwiAbroad May 5th 2013 10:24 am

Shared container from UK to NZ. Flexible

Hi there,

I'm looking to bring back 1, possibly 2 classic motorcycles from the UK to NZ and looking for someone with container space they would sell to me. Im pretty flexible on dates and ports.

Cheers,

Rowan

MrsFychan May 5th 2013 8:33 pm

Re: Shared container from UK to NZ. Flexible

lots of shippers do shared containers so you could just ring some and get quotes

Mark Smith May 5th 2013 9:27 pm

I'm also on the lookout for a shared container to bring in a medical examination bed to Christchurch/Lyttleton. If anybody has a suggestion that would be most welcome?

ellenarosemary May 6th 2013 4:09 am

Hi there,

I'm looking to bring back 1, possibly 2 classic motorcycles from the UK to NZ and looking for someone with container space they would sell to me. Im pretty flexible on dates and ports.

Cheers,

Rowan
Which part of the UK are you from, as I have just under half a container I need to get to NZ and looking for someone for the other half.

garni May 8th 2013 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by ellenarosemary (Post 10693718)
Which part of the UK are you from, as I have just under half a container I need to get to NZ and looking for someone for the other half.

Just out of interest- how big is half a container? and how much are you looking at cost wise? we are travelling back in Sept so need to send mostly boxes but possibly a cot and sofa- no idea how big a container is though?

escapedtonz May 8th 2013 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by garni (Post 10698400)
Just out of interest- how big is half a container? and how much are you looking at cost wise? we are travelling back in Sept so need to send mostly boxes but possibly a cot and sofa- no idea how big a container is though?

A standard 20' container is approx the size of a normal garage.
Exterior dimensions 20' long x 8' wide x 8' deep
Internat dimensions 19' 4" long x 7' 9" wide x 7' 9" deep

A standard 40' container is just double the length so approx the size of 2 x normal garages end to end.

:blink:

Jellybean73 Aug 25th 2013 8:01 am

Hi. I'm also looking or someone with space in a container for two small pieces of furniture (about 0.5 m cubed). Is anyone having any luck finding someone, or otherwise a company that does not want to charge a ridiculous amount?

chc4me Aug 25th 2013 9:36 pm

Anyone know the cost to bring a motorbike back to NZ? Whats the cost for a standard container these days? (I know... how long is a piece of string and I should do my own research...)