British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Shall I send this with my NZQA submission (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/shall-i-send-my-nzqa-submission-599794/)

yorkshire_sparkie Mar 25th 2009 10:26 am

Shall I send this with my NZQA submission

Erm....... how come some people are just pathetic??

You may remember me saying about OH boss being a tw*t about a reference......

Well after 5wks of waiting I recieved it today - it is a picture of Mickey Mouse and says Micky Mouse says No!!! What an absolute w**k**...... :mad:

So I am just going to send of the NZQA stuff and hope for the best...My question is shall I send this "reference" explaining that he's a kn*bhead and if they want to try and contact him good luck to them or should I just say I was unable to get a reference???

From what I gather they just need proof that you have worked full time for more than 4yrs????? Well we can get proof of that from 1992-1995 and from 2006 to present day...just a big gap in the middle when he worked for ....erm.... well mickey mouse it seems :p

BEVS Mar 25th 2009 10:30 am

Re: Shall I send this with my NZQA submission

Erm.

You can get proof that he worked for the company by applying to

HM revenue & customs
Data protection Subject Access Unit
Room BP5001
Benton Park view
Long Benton
Newcastle upon tyne
NE98 1ZZ

0191 225 7575

Tell 'em unable to get a reference.

Then apply to the above to show who he worked for & when and that there is no gap.

yorkshire_sparkie Mar 25th 2009 10:47 am

Originally Posted by BEVS here (Post 7417345)
Erm.

You can get proof that he worked for the company by applying to

HM revenue & customs
Data protection Subject Access Unit
Room BP5001
Benton Park view
Long Benton
Newcastle upon tyne
NE98 1ZZ

0191 225 7575

Tell 'em unable to get a reference.

Then apply to the above to show who he worked for & when and that there is no gap.

Thanks for that - I will call them today :thumbup: It's shocking how a grown man can behave like such a child!!!! We have old pay slips too which we can send with a ITA (should we be selected) so we can prove he worked there no problem... I'm just going to send a work history to the NZQA and hope it's sufficient. :curse:

j19fmm Mar 25th 2009 7:57 pm

Good grief!! Can't believe that sort of behaviour, sour grapes or what? Hope you get it sorted :)

sparkie down under Mar 25th 2009 8:09 pm

Hey Yorks Sparkie I assume you are on about EWRB here and not NZQA. Why would NZQA need to know if you've been in work? Or am I getting the wrong end of the stick here?

yorkshire_sparkie Mar 25th 2009 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by sparkie down under (Post 7419076)
Hey Yorks Sparkie I assume you are on about EWRB here and not NZQA. Why would NZQA need to know if you've been in work? Or am I getting the wrong end of the stick here?

Hey - oo-er:unsure: aybe I am getting it all wrong..... I thought we needed to get OH qualifications verified to fill in the EOI??? So the NZQA website says, we have to send original:

Trade certificates
High school certificates
Vocational certificates
Work history OR reference

I guess they just want to know you have the full time, 4yrs experience to back up your paper qualifications????

We are going for the full assessment, rather than the pre-assessment because I gather that the pre-assessment covers what they need to know in the EOI but you will need a full assessment for the ITA anyway????

I am assuming the EWRB need a more detailed work history/references so will cross that bridge when we come to it.....

On the EOI theres a section were you have to put the level of skill that the NZQA have assessed you at and also the log number from the NZQA to show you have been through them??? I just want to get my EOI put in so am hoping it wont take long..... :unsure:

yorkshire_sparkie Mar 25th 2009 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by j19fmm (Post 7419044)
Good grief!! Can't believe that sort of behaviour, sour grapes or what? Hope you get it sorted :)

Sour grapes precisely!!! :mad: Hubby worked for him for 10yrs.... he kept dangling the carrot that one day he would take a back seat and OH would "run" the firm.... anyway hubby got pee'd off waiting and started on his own..... He could have taken customers with him but he didn't - he wanted to stand on his own two feet and do it alone - which he did!!! So the old boss had nothing to be sh**ty about - he's just a sad old loser :sneaky:

Mickey Mouse indeed :rofl:

sparkie down under Mar 25th 2009 8:55 pm

I never bothered with NZQA, (for a variety of reasons), just sent my papers direct to EWRB, (which after all is what you are aiming for anyway, and took it from there.

By the way my C&G were so old that they weren't even on the EWRB website and I still became registered, (after a bit of a battle).