Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Sex Education.....Texas style

Sex Education.....Texas style

Old Nov 20th 2008, 3:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Janek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sex Education.....Texas style

Originally Posted by Tracym
LOL well I say H-E-double toothpick if I'm being funny. Otherwise I have a lovely repertoire of four letter words.

Swearing is considered more rude here I think. Big nono in front of children. Or in "polite" company, a party, whatever. In private. with family - I think many of us would swear. The less religious of us anyway.

I also wonder if it's a bit regional - I know some southern women who wouldn't say sh*t if they had a mouthful of it. I think perhaps we're more foul-mouthed up norh
People are strange. They won't say hell but they will drop the F bomb like there's no tomorrow. My mountain folk neighbors are a case in point. My 12 yr old step daughter was seriously ticked off at us the other week, started writing out her birthday list and went from the latest CD's and books to
a new dad
a new stepmom
a new life
to summarize no sh1tty life at all

I found her list yesterday....I guess we really got to her.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 3:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Janek66
People are strange. They won't say hell but they will drop the F bomb like there's no tomorrow. My mountain folk neighbors are a case in point. My 12 yr old step daughter was seriously ticked off at us the other week, started writing out her birthday list and went from the latest CD's and books to
a new dad
a new stepmom
a new life
to summarize no sh1tty life at all

I found her list yesterday....I guess we really got to her.
I shouldn't laugh at the poor child... but... ROFL. Poor dear, no life.

I guess sexual swear words might be fine, but anything to do with religion...

We don't seem to have that here - ya either swear or ya don't. Which word doesn't seem to matter as much - although the 'F' word is probably more impolite. Hell, damn, etc. no problem.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 3:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Janek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
I shouldn't laugh at the poor child... but... ROFL. Poor dear, no life.

I guess sexual swear words might be fine, but anything to do with religion...

We don't seem to have that here - ya either swear or ya don't. Which word doesn't seem to matter as much - although the 'F' word is probably more impolite. Hell, damn, etc. no problem.
It sucks to be 12......

But hell, damn, christ almighty those are strict no nos here. But to tell you old man to come the eff on and move it....oh yeah can sing it from the roof tops.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 3:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

It sucks to be 12......

But hell, damn, christ almighty those are strict no nos here. But to tell you old man to come the eff on and move it....oh yeah can sing it from the roof tops.
Well, you're not taking the lord's name in vain then - see?

Sigh.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 3:14 pm
Thought is free.

indigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant future

you know, I never really thought of hell as being a swear word - just something I said when I was pissed of with something - yes, a negative word but nothing like the other expletives that you hear on a day to day basis.
Once I said ,"oh hell", when my 8 year old was within hearing distance. She gasped and said,"oh mum you said a really bad word". I looked at her and said, "sweetheart, without a hell there would be no need for a heaven so how can it be a bad word when it reminds us that there is a Heaven" - or bullshit to that effect.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by indigoblue
you know, I never really thought of hell as being a swear word - just something I said when I was pissed of with something - yes, a negative word but nothing like the other expletives that you hear on a day to day basis.
Once I said ,"oh hell", when my 8 year old was within hearing distance. She gasped and said,"oh mum you said a really bad word". I looked at her and said, "sweetheart, without a hell there would be no need for a heaven so how can it be a bad word when it reminds us that there is a Heaven" - or bullshit to that effect.
LOL! I called my dog stupid and my 3 yr old said awww mommy, you said a bad word....
Bollox seems to be about the most useful word we have here, it offends no one, at least, not that I have noticed.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 3:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

LOL! I called my dog stupid and my 3 yr old said awww mommy, you said a bad word....
Bollox seems to be about the most useful word we have here, it offends no one, at least, not that I have noticed.
It doesn't offend anyone becauswe they have no clue what it means
Old Nov 20th 2008, 4:19 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

The C word is the one of the words I'm not allowed to say. It's said quite allot in Yorkshire.

I can stick two fingers up at people though and they dont know what it means.

"Two please" gives me so much pleasure.

As for Texas Sex Ed? Isnt that just getting pregnant?
Old Nov 20th 2008, 4:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

My wifes grandfather was from Scotland and used the word bollocks a lot. So much so that my wifes family use it basically as a normal every day word. Imagine your meeting them for the first time and one of the first things you hear is "I'm all bolloxed up."
Old Nov 20th 2008, 4:29 pm
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

I use the word bollocks alot.... and USC hubby has picked it up now as well, he giggles every time he says it though, which kinda takes the 'edge' off it.

My 11 year old boys are enjoying being able to say Bugger as well... because of their yorkshire accent it sounds like how they americans say 'booger' so they just think they are saying the equivelant of 'oh snot'.

but yeah, I just love bollocks........ hmmm brings us back to sex ed in a way
Old Nov 20th 2008, 4:30 pm
Thought is free.

indigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=MrEmjoy;6993399]The C word is the one of the words I'm not allowed to say. It's said quite allot in Yorkshire.

I can stick two fingers up at people though and they dont know what it means.

"Two please" gives me so much pleasure.

As for Texas Sex Ed? Isnt that just getting pregnant?[/QUOTE]

I can't say the C word or the F word - how weird is that for a Londoner!

As for the sex ed in Texas - does this mean that I'll know that my daughter has had the sex ed talk at school when she come home and announces that she is pregnant .
Anyone know where I can find a chastitybelt?
Old Nov 20th 2008, 6:39 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by indigoblue
Yep, you are right there TracyM.
Going slightly off topic - Is it just a Texan thing or do most Americans feel very uncomfortable saying the word, "hell"?. Instead, they say things like,"oh H-E- double hockeysticks" - I'm like, what? good grief!
here they say "dang"
Old Nov 20th 2008, 6:41 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy
The C word is the one of the words I'm not allowed to say.

i so dislike the use of that word.

now the word bollox i love
Old Nov 20th 2008, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TruBrit
i so dislike the use of that word.

now the word bollox i love
My 11 yr old says Oh Snap!

You can get a lot of emotion out when you say bollox. Most versatile word.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 9:11 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisa67
So my son is 13 years old and in his freshman year at High School.
A letter was sent home at the beginning of the year explaining that the sex ed course they use is based on abstinence before marriage. We agreed to allow DS to participate but explained to him our views on the subject and discussed contraception, abortion etc. with him to bring him into the 21st century
Yesterday he came home with this:

Interview with Parent or Guardian

1. How many children do you have?

2. What are their ages and gender?

3.How old were you when you became a parent?

4.What was parenting like those first few years?

5.Why should teens wait until they are older before becoming a parent?

6.What do you think fathers have to offer a child that mothers do not?

7. What do you think mothers have to offer that fathers do not?

8.How expensive is it to raise a child?

9.What are some of the advantages of waiting until after marriage to have children?

10. Any other comments about parenting?

check out our web site: www.gracehouseministries.net

Now is it me or does anyone else think this a little intrusive?
Both my OH and myself discussed the questions with DS and I've signed the sheet giving an explanation that we have discussed the questions at home.
What happened to the separation of church and state?? Obviously doesn't apply in Texas
In the state where foreplay means a six pack followed by a quick grope in a pick up truck, what can be expected?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.