Seven Seas

Old Jun 4th 2010, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute
Default Seven Seas

Just wondering if anyone has used Seven Seas to ship over excess baggage to NZ?

I'm hopefully heading over in August and dont have any furniture that I want to ship but would like to send over a few boxes of 'stuff' so planned to use the excess baggage option.
I've had a look at a few companies and these guys look quite good so just looking for any actual experiences with them (or others if anyone has recommendations)

Also, does anyone know if I can start the shipping process without having a definite address for the boxes to go to in NZ? I'd like to get my stuff sent off around the same time as I leave but I wont know my address as I'm not planning on looking for a rental until I'm actually in the country.

Thanks.
Old Jun 4th 2010, 9:17 pm
Cat (Mad) Sitter

Location: Anywhere and Everywhere, we're International House Sitters! :)
Water Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Seven Seas

I can vouch for them

We used them when we came out in 2008. We were very pleased with the service and everything arrived in perfect condition and within the timeframes they gave us. The staff are very helpful and polite too. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them or use them again myself.

They were recommended to us by our then neighbour, a South African professional photographer who used them to ship over very expensive photographic equipment a couple of times. So I figured if he was happy to trust them with items worth thousands, we could trust them with our junk! And they didn't disappoint.

Regarding the address, we didn't have a fixed address to give them either. But they were happy for us to provide the address for the hostel where we stayed for a week, and once we moved into rental accommodation all we had to do was email them with the change and that was it. Easy-peasy!

The one thing you'll need is a phone number. I guess you could also give them a hotel's phone number, but what we did was buy a NZ vodafone card on ebay and that's the number we gave them.

Hope this helps! Happy packing!!
Old Jun 5th 2010, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Seven Seas

Thanks Water Lily thats just what I wanted to hear