Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Settling in to Wellington

Settling in to Wellington

Old Dec 18th 2007, 2:36 am
Just Joined

Tallgirl is just really niceTallgirl is just really niceTallgirl is just really niceTallgirl is just really niceTallgirl is just really niceTallgirl is just really niceTallgirl is just really niceTallgirl is just really niceTallgirl is just really nice
Default Settling in to Wellington

Hi,

I came across the site recently and wish I'd used it before moving to NZ! My husband & I have moved to Wellington from London, arrived in July and couldn't believe the lack of insulation and heating in the houses over here....No doubt a topic that has been covered in depth elsewhere in the forum but needless to say, a shock to us and thankfully the summer weather has made us forget how miserable we were initially. Wellington is proving to be the right choice and we're settling in now.

E
Old Dec 18th 2007, 2:41 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Settling in to Wellington

Maybe now is the time to sort out warming options for next winter.

By the way, welcome to the forum.

Old Dec 18th 2007, 5:36 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum Tallgirl! Have some karma.

Come to some of our upcoming bashes! I hear you about the lack of insulation... we were fortunate enough to find a house with not only great outdoor insulation, but such good insulation inside that if we call to one another from the other end of the house (not using the phone, I mean), we usually don't hear each other!
Old Dec 18th 2007, 5:39 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Euro central heating?
Old Dec 18th 2007, 8:13 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Welcome to this forum Tallgirl. Karma coming your way.
Old Dec 19th 2007, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happynz
Maybe now is the time to sort out warming options for next winter.

By the way, welcome to the forum.

What sort of warming options, is Rachel Hunter one of those available??? Or are we talking layers of Icebreaker clothing here....
Old Dec 19th 2007, 10:53 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by irnbru14
What sort of warming options, is Rachel Hunter one of those available??? Or are we talking layers of Icebreaker clothing here....
Hot water bottles, squeegee for the windows, extra blankets, flannel pyjamas, wool caps, mittens...and that's just for indoors.
Old Dec 19th 2007, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happynz
Hot water bottles, squeegee for the windows, extra blankets, flannel pyjamas, wool caps, mittens...and that's just for indoors.
How much am I not looking forward to that then!!!