Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Servicing gas boilers?

Servicing gas boilers?

Old Feb 11th 2010, 10:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Servicing gas boilers?

Hello, does anyone know how long you can leave it between services for a gas CH boiler? I have a Biasi boiler for the CHeating which was fitted August 2005. It has been serviced twice since then....do they really need to be done every year? I also have a Rheem hot water boiler that does not appear to have any way that the burners or anything like that can be serviced. Ther is no inspection hatch its a huge sealed unit..anyone know if these EVER have to be serviced?

The house was built in 1991 and my guess is that the Rheem is possibly that old..well I have been here 5 years so its seen no servicing in that time. Thanks in advance of any information.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Servicing gas boilers?

Originally Posted by Genesis
Hello, does anyone know how long you can leave it between services for a gas CH boiler? I have a Biasi boiler for the CHeating which was fitted August 2005. It has been serviced twice since then....do they really need to be done every year? I also have a Rheem hot water boiler that does not appear to have any way that the burners or anything like that can be serviced. Ther is no inspection hatch its a huge sealed unit..anyone know if these EVER have to be serviced?

The house was built in 1991 and my guess is that the Rheem is possibly that old..well I have been here 5 years so its seen no servicing in that time. Thanks in advance of any information.
You should really have your gas boiler serviced every year. better safe than sorry
Don't know about the Rheem.
Old Feb 12th 2010, 5:59 am
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Servicing gas boilers?

Originally Posted by mickey_d
You should really have your gas boiler serviced every year. better safe than sorry
Don't know about the Rheem.
yep, am not a techie but have worked in housing for 16 years... have never worked anywhere that did not service boilers/ water heaters (whether gas, leccy, solid fuel etc) every year... but like i say, dunno the technicalities, so dunno if that's of any help or not!