Serious question

Old Jun 25th 2007, 9:51 am
Banned

mingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud of
Default Serious question

Are NZ immigration laws too strict? If the goverment decided to let anyone (no criminals) in do you think it would be bad or good for the country? after all we only have 4 milllion people here in a country the size of the UK
Old Jun 25th 2007, 10:02 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Serious question

Hmmmm.... tricky one. Really does cut both ways I suppose. Here in ChCh, industry is severely held back by a lack of skilled workers in a whole range of different areas. If immigration rules were relaxed, then we may well get very able people to fulfil these roles that current rules would not have allowed in.

On the other side of the coin, what if they don't get work - straight onto the welfare state (the PC liberals won't allow it any other way) and we are supporting them - a burden that is not an easy one to carry, just ask the folks back in the UK.

My 2c,

Wiz
Old Jun 25th 2007, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
On the other side of the coin, what if they don't get work - straight onto the welfare state (the PC liberals won't allow it any other way) and we are supporting them - a burden that is not an easy one to carry, just ask the folks back in the UK.
Migrants don't get benefits for two years. Imagine that in the UK - the place would be empty in a week!!
Old Jun 25th 2007, 1:00 pm

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mingusdynasty
Are NZ immigration laws too strict? If the goverment decided to let anyone (no criminals) in do you think it would be bad or good for the country? after all we only have 4 milllion people here in a country the size of the UK
Too strict?? If you have blue eyes and can hold a spanner you get a visa for life under the 'Skilled white people we are so desperate to get more of migrants category'

Could it be much easier?
Old Jun 25th 2007, 6:34 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Avid
Too strict?? If you have blue eyes and can hold a spanner you get a visa for life under the 'Skilled white people we are so desperate to get more of migrants category'

Could it be much easier?
I applied for and got PR even though I know of others that I feel perhaps might have been more deserving get knocked back so there may be a small kernel of truth there in your post.

I tried to give you karma for this but it said I needed to spread more karma around.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

mark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant future

For me too strict. We have applied for PR under the skilled migrant category (yes 3/4 of us have blue eyes and we can all use a spanner (even if only one from the early learning centre)!!) and are waiting for medical assessors to clear our daughters medical (if indeed they do). I have posted in the immigration section about this so don't want to bore you with the details.

Over the weekend me and OH spent a lot of time discussing this and we feel that NZIS are trying to find a reason to not let us in rather than a reason to let us in. I have a job offer on the long term skills shortage and have managed to get NZ state registration, OH is on short term skills shortage, we have qualifications and loads of work experience. We thought New Zealand wanted people like us and we thought we would get PR without any problems.

Well you know what thought did? He followed a muck cart and thought it was a wedding! - quote my grandmother.

Kim
Old Jun 25th 2007, 8:31 pm
Banned

mingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud of

Could it be much easier?
Actually, they do let in 500 Samoans every year in a lottery type gig. Point taken re skin color.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 8:34 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by mark and kim
For me too strict. We have applied for PR under the skilled migrant category (yes 3/4 of us have blue eyes and we can all use a spanner (even if only one from the early learning centre)!!) and are waiting for medical assessors to clear our daughters medical (if indeed they do). I have posted in the immigration section about this so don't want to bore you with the details.

Over the weekend me and OH spent a lot of time discussing this and we feel that NZIS are trying to find a reason to not let us in rather than a reason to let us in. I have a job offer on the long term skills shortage and have managed to get NZ state registration, OH is on short term skills shortage, we have qualifications and loads of work experience. We thought New Zealand wanted people like us and we thought we would get PR without any problems.

Well you know what thought did? He followed a muck cart and thought it was a wedding! - quote my grandmother.

Kim
Hmm. Well I hope it all works out for you. I really believe NZ needs more migrants. (And the UK needs less :curse
Old Jun 25th 2007, 8:55 pm

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mark and kim
For me too strict. We have applied for PR under the skilled migrant category (yes 3/4 of us have blue eyes and we can all use a spanner (even if only one from the early learning centre)!!)
Well..I only have a vague idea what a spanner is, to be honest and New Zealand is such a stereotypical male country I might as well have landed here from Planet Poofboy. If I told people I can't drive I'd probably knock David 'Innocent' Bain off the news headlines.

Anyway, the Skilled Migrant visa has so many options they might as well re-name it the 'Anybody who didn't leave school at 14' category.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 9:44 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

What do you think then??
Old Jun 26th 2007, 1:23 am
Banned

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
What do you think then??
Im sitting on the fence. On the one hand we could easily drop another 5-10 million people here and not really notice it - if they built some new cities etc. But on the other hand I would only want certain ethnicities. To many asians here in Auckland already. So I would want more European, Brits, Yanks, Canadians etc.

And no im not being racist (well I guess I am in a way). The Asians come to NZ and form their own communities. They don't integrate.

One group I don't want to see here are muslims. Jeez im digging a hole here for myself. Im sorry, but that's how I feel.

I don't forget what happened in 911!
Old Jun 26th 2007, 1:37 am

And no im not being racist (well I guess I am in a way). The Asians come to NZ and form their own communities. They don't integrate.
I'll gatecrash the next 'Wellies IT Expat' meeting and bring that point up...
Old Jun 26th 2007, 1:50 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Well..I only have a vague idea what a spanner is, to be honest and New Zealand is such a stereotypical male country I might as well have landed here from Planet Poofboy. If I told people I can't drive I'd probably knock David 'Innocent' Bain off the news headlines.

Anyway, the Skilled Migrant visa has so many options they might as well re-name it the 'Anybody who didn't leave school at 14' category.
Hi Avid

Popped in from Aus & found this.
Funny, when I went to NZ (only for a few months) the men there seemed (on the whole) alot less macho & blokey than Oz. Mind you, wouldnt be hard.
byeee
Old Jun 26th 2007, 2:14 am
BE Enthusiast

The Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond repute

Im sitting on the fence. On the one hand we could easily drop another 5-10 million people here and not really notice it - if they built some new cities etc. But on the other hand I would only want certain ethnicities. To many asians here in Auckland already. So I would want more European, Brits, Yanks, Canadians etc.

One group I don't want to see here are muslims. Jeez im digging a hole here for myself. Im sorry, but that's how I feel.

I don't forget what happened in 911!
I think New Zealand will suit you very well. You'll find you fit in.

If the Asians don't integrate, wouldn't that just make it easier for you?
I guess you don't mind Brits, Americans or Canadians as long as they're not Asians or Muslims?
Those are rhetorical questions, no need to reply, thank you very much.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 3:12 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

But on the other hand I would only want certain ethnicities. To many Asians here in Auckland already.
How many are enough? Is there some sort of quota or ratio that you'd feel comfortable with?

So I would want more European, Brits, Yanks, Canadians etc.
It'd be enlightening to see your etc. list.

And no, I'm not being racist (well I guess I am in a way).
In a way? Bloody hell man, in which way are you not?

The Asians come to NZ and form their own communities. They don't integrate.
Have some patience. They'll be eating pink-frosted buns and having sausage sizzles soon enough. Give it a couple of generations.

One group I don't want to see here are Muslims.
My former supervisor's family has been living in Christchurch since 1841 or something like that. She's just a lovely generous lady. She's also Muslim.

Jeez, I'm digging a hole here for myself. I'm sorry
I'll say! You should be. I think you'll find life a bit more enjoyable without having to carry around a heavy stinking bag of prejudice.

...but that's how I feel. I don't forget what happened in 9-11!
Forget New Zealand, mate. Your crusade isn't here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.