Serious question

Old Jun 26th 2007, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

bro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Serious question

If they let another 5-10 million people into New Zealand it would lose a lot of appeal for New Zealand, the government seem intent on protecting NZ and it's heritage and I applaud them for that.

Also with a shortage of land available to build housing on where would these people all live, housing prices would be through the roof when people bring money from overseas, the economy would suffer further and we wouldn't enjoy this beautiful country as much.

It would be good for this site, everyone would be posting forums about housing prices, overcrowding, too many immigrants you name it.

Yes the immigration process is frustrating they seem to find something new that you need to do but you are asking to come to NZ they didn't invite you, unless you were invited, some people might have been.

I say keep immigration the way it is, people will slowly come into the country and it will grow as a nation but lets keep it slow, we can't handle a big boom. Yes we have a shortage of skilled workers, still better than an overabundance as then we would all be complaining how none of us have work.

I like NZ the way it is, but that is only my opinion.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 5:11 am
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

Have some patience. They'll be eating pink-frosted buns and having sausage sizzles soon enough. Give it a couple of generations.

Can't agree with that one, just look at the UK. They have no interest in integrating with the rest of the population. Why should it be different in NZ?
Old Jun 26th 2007, 6:12 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mcuddy1
Can't agree with that one, just look at the UK. They have no interest in integrating with the rest of the population. Why should it be different in NZ?
Who exactly are 'they'?

And what exactly does integration mean? My wife, Mrs Avid, was talking to me about her '100% genuine NZ' friends that's she's made and how they seem to be scared of Maoris.

We're talking about whites who can trace their NZ families back to the 1800's and who are uncomfortable with the natives!

That's integration for you.

I, being half scottish, could pop down to Dunedin tomorrow and throw a few 'hoots' about and we could all pretend it was integration. But it would really be a person from the mother country seeing how all the ones who buggered off are getting along!

That's not integration, even if we can pretend it is just because we are all white. Integration takes time and effort on both sides. The UK has only had a sizeable immigrant population for 50 years, it's early days yet.

Last edited by Avid; Jun 26th 2007 at 6:16 am.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 6:14 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Have some patience. They'll be eating pink-frosted buns and having sausage sizzles soon enough. Give it a couple of generations.
That's my humble opinion.

Because this is New Zealand, not the UK. And which they are you referring to? Could it be the Scots? Every summer I see a bunch of people marching around dressed up in kilts and wheezing away on bagpipes. Where the hell do they think they are, Scotland?

Old Jun 26th 2007, 6:21 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

The sausage sizzles are what's holding the integration back...

I'm not applying for PR if I have to start eating them....
Old Jun 26th 2007, 6:26 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Avid
The sausage sizzles are what's holding the integration back...

I'm not applying for PR if I have to start eating them....
C'mon, you got to have tomato sauce stains on your ITA to expect a positive outcome on your PR application.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 6:52 am
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

Who exactly are 'they'?

And what exactly does integration mean? My wife, Mrs Avid, was talking to me about her '100% genuine NZ' friends that's she's made and how they seem to be scared of Maoris.

We're talking about whites who can trace their NZ families back to the 1800's and who are uncomfortable with the natives!

That's integration for you.

I, being half scottish, could pop down to Dunedin tomorrow and throw a few 'hoots' about and we could all pretend it was integration. But it would really be a person from the mother country seeing how all the ones who buggered off are getting along!

That's not integration, even if we can pretend it is just because we are all white. Integration takes time and effort on both sides. The UK has only had a sizeable immigrant population for 50 years, it's early days yet.
They? Mainly Asian immigrants to the UK who do not want to adopt any customs or make any effort to adapt to the new surroundings.
There are many towns in the UK which are mainly Asian enclaves. Now one could say this is driven financially by the cheap housing which was probably the first reason for moving there. Now it is a different story 3rd and 4th gen immigrants are more radical than their parents. They have grown up to hate and despise their country of birth. The areas they live in are practically no go areas for whites and the police.
Now having had first hand experience of the way they live it is hard to imagine then ever adapting to their adopted/ home country.
Their isolation has gone to far down a long road there is no turning back.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 8:01 am
Banned

mingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud of

They? Mainly Asian immigrants to the UK who do not want to adopt any customs or make any effort to adapt to the new surroundings.
There are many towns in the UK which are mainly Asian enclaves. Now one could say this is driven financially by the cheap housing which was probably the first reason for moving there. Now it is a different story 3rd and 4th gen immigrants are more radical than their parents. They have grown up to hate and despise their country of birth. The areas they live in are practically no go areas for whites and the police.
Now having had first hand experience of the way they live it is hard to imagine then ever adapting to their adopted/ home country.
Their isolation has gone to far down a long road there is no turning back.
I see no evidence of integration from Asians here in NZ already. I personally don't want to witness the things I saw in the UK in places like Bradford, Luton, Manchester etc here in the UK. Bascially these cultures come over to NZ and then do there best to ensure they have nothing to do with the white kiwi population!

Yes, in the perfect Utopian society we would all go around and live in harmony.

Looks great on paper.

But the fact is it doesn't happen!

I for one am sick of middle class people spouting rhetoric about it. Easy for them to say "integrate" when they live in some of the per capita richest neighbourhoods around, precluding any ethnic minorities from getting a foothold. The reality is the working class are left to "integrate" with people they have nothing in common with.

Hmmm lets look at the experiements in the UK shall we and see what the succesful outcome were.

And before I get labelled a racist. Wrong! Im just a realist.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

The Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mingusdynasty
I see no evidence of integration from Asians here in NZ already. I personally don't want to witness the things I saw in the UK in places like Bradford, Luton, Manchester etc here in the UK. Bascially these cultures come over to NZ and then do there best to ensure they have nothing to do with the white kiwi population!

Looks great on paper.

I for one am sick of middle class people spouting rhetoric about it. Easy for them to say "integrate" when they live in some of the per capita richest neighbourhoods around, precluding any ethnic minorities from getting a foothold. The reality is the working class are left to "integrate" with people they have nothing in common with.

Hmmm lets look at the experiements in the UK shall we and see what the succesful outcome were.

And I think you're profoundly ignorant, and a little scary. And before you label me offensive, understand I'm just being a realist.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 9:43 am
Banned

mingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The Weezer
And I think you're profoundly ignorant, and a little scary. And before you label me offensive, understand I'm just being a realist.
Im not offended Weezer.

As groucho marx said if we knew what everybody was thinking we'd all be locked up.

But I see you have already taken the moral high ground.

Fortunately, we live in a society where freedom of speech is one of life's great luxuries. No thanks to some of the groups I personally don't care much for. I would much rather have all this out in the open than go around repressed and scared to say what we really think.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

Apple13 has a brilliant futureApple13 has a brilliant futureApple13 has a brilliant futureApple13 has a brilliant futureApple13 has a brilliant futureApple13 has a brilliant futureApple13 has a brilliant future

There are many towns in the UK which are mainly Asian enclaves. Their isolation has gone to far down a long road there is no turning back.
There are many British Expats in New Zealand that meet these same criteria. Lets hope that noone on this board can recognise a little of themselves and their lifestyle in the description above.

It always amuses me to hear of new immigrants to one country criticising new immigrants in the country they have just left... there is a wonderful irony there.

Last edited by Apple13; Jun 26th 2007 at 10:50 am.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 11:15 am
Just Joined

ginny5577 will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Serious question

Blimey!!!! You guys say it as it is don't you! and here am I in racist,over populated,non intergrating, crime culture, chavy Blighty ( sounds fab doesn't it!) looking to find out some more about the Country I am trying to emmigrate to! that will be NZ then!
I, like so many others (on average i believe in the region of 600 per fortnight get pulled from the pool - broken down into categories to include skilled migrant but also family!!!) are facing this paper trail to gain entry under the skilled migrant visa ( Brown eyes, does that make a difference?) I dont have a spanner to my name but can weild a pair of hairdressing scissors and am a dab hand with a colour & brush. (not emulsion) I am finding the process long and certainly not a walk in the park. However, I am not giving up, my partner and I for reasons that are quite apparent do not find the thought of staying in the uk at all appealing.
W.S (my partner) has lived abroad for most of his adult life ( R.S.A for 15 years) Thus making us believe that all that a life in NZ (ommiting the rose
coloured glasses) is our future.
So perhaps if you lot would be kind enough to give some of your wisdom to a JAFBRIT! I would appreciate it!
Old Jun 26th 2007, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by Apple13
There are many British Expats in New Zealand that meet these same criteria. Lets hope that noone on this board can recognise a little of themselves and their lifestyle in the description above.

From what I understand, having been on this forum for 3 months,...all the British people in NZ live in some place called Hutt near Wellington (from my window I can see mountains...that must be the 'Upper' Hutt) and some place north of Auckland called...Northland? And about 30 British people live on the South Island.

It does seem that all the Brit expats live in 2 very specific places.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by mingusdynasty

Looks great on paper.

Your probably right about the middle classes but even then, do you really think there shouldn't be any Asians in New Zealand?

Be careful about blaming things on the immigrant population. There's a lot of rich and powerful Kiwis who think that wearing a jacket without a tie and sitting next to the chauffeur (and not in the back) will somehow fool people into thinking this is a classless society.

There the ones to moan about!
Old Jun 26th 2007, 11:35 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

From what I understand, having been on this forum for 3 months,...all the British people in NZ live in some place called Hutt near Wellington (from my window I can see mountains...that must be the 'Upper' Hutt) and some place north of Auckland called...Northland? And about 30 British people live on the South Island.

It does seem that all the Brit expats live in 2 very specific places.
I never did run with the pack she said fron sunny Hamilton!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.