Reload this Page >

Senior Tax Manager Jobs

Senior Tax Manager Jobs

Old Feb 27th 2013, 7:28 am
Just Joined

CBarclay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Senior Tax Manager Jobs

Hi All

We are in the UK at present and have just started looking at visas for New zealand.
We have previously lived in Australia for 18 months and loved the life but it was too hot for me.
My question is relating to jobs my husband works as Senior Tax Manager does anyone know if this job is in demand? if you think it may be hard to find work , wages etc??

Thank you all in advance .

C
Old Feb 27th 2013, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

GoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Senior Tax Manager Jobs

Originally Posted by CBarclay
Hi All

We are in the UK at present and have just started looking at visas for New zealand.
We have previously lived in Australia for 18 months and loved the life but it was too hot for me.
My question is relating to jobs my husband works as Senior Tax Manager does anyone know if this job is in demand? if you think it may be hard to find work , wages etc??

Thank you all in advance .

C
Quite a few jobs by the looks of it: http://www.seek.co.nz/JobSearch?Date...er&nation=3001

Wont the tax regulations be significantly different here though? What's the learning curve?
Old Feb 27th 2013, 8:00 am
Just Joined

CBarclay is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Thank you for the link.

He has worked for over 8 years in the UK and when we moved to Australia quickly got up to speed, im sure he would have no problems doing the same in New Zealand.

C
Old Feb 27th 2013, 10:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

You'll meet the old chicken and egg stumbling block I fear, NZ employers are generally looking for 'Kiwi Experience' and they're not known for giving people a chance to learn on the job, nor very not accepting of the fact that you're a smart person who can learn the 'Kiwi way' pretty quickly.

I would suggest he tries with the usual big four accounting firms as they'll likely be more willing to give a little and be more willing to invest in people, which is such a rarity here. You might also find some conditions around getting PR - assuming that he would need some form of local qualification before becoming employable.

In the meantime he could always try the Open Poly or other Unis that do extra mural studies (maybe Massey) and see what courses they have.

You can have a look at NZICA http://www.nzica.com/ also and see what they have to say on the subject.