Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Sending items to UK

Sending items to UK

Old Feb 3rd 2011, 11:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sending items to UK

Hi, My son is heading back to the UK in March and wants to take his computer, monitor and speakers.

Anyone sent a few things back? Who did you use?

Thanks

Carole
Old Feb 4th 2011, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

concretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud of
Default Re: Sending items to UK

Originally Posted by Spacecake799
Hi, My son is heading back to the UK in March and wants to take his computer, monitor and speakers.

Anyone sent a few things back? Who did you use?

Thanks

Carole
hi you should try the post office, we had diffrent quotes from most of the carries sent a garden brolly back, this was in 06 only cost $120 wear as every one else was talking $350 give it a go one more off the list
Old Feb 4th 2011, 6:07 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Put them in his suitcases and pay the £35 for an extra case....assuming an LCD monitor. Wouldn't think it would weigh more than 23kg so would be 1 extra case in effect.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonsi
Put them in his suitcases and pay the £35 for an extra case....assuming an LCD monitor. Wouldn't think it would weigh more than 23kg so would be 1 extra case in effect.
Thanks for the replies.

The computers a heavy gaming machine so will need to send it properly. I will look at the post office.

Thanks

Carole
Old Feb 4th 2011, 10:11 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

The computers a heavy gaming machine
I've no idea what that means but I'd check the weight, even the PO shipping to the UK (esp if it is heavy), will cost a fortune AND you will need to declare a value and pay import AND VAT and charges on it before it will be delivered in the UK...

We shipped 4Kg with NZpost, cost nearly $100 in shipping and £40 in charges and duty in the UK...! Cheapest shipping you will get is the first extra bag at £35 with Air NZ

Last edited by simonsi; Feb 4th 2011 at 10:22 pm.