Reload this Page >

Sending boxes to New Zealand

Sending boxes to New Zealand

Old Sep 9th 2013, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

blaney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sending boxes to New Zealand

Hi,

We are heading to New zealand at the end of the year with a couple of months travelling before hand. We are going with working holiday visas and hope to stay for a minimum of a year so want to send over a few bits and bobs from home. I have looked at voovit and sevenseas and the sending prices seems reasonable, and then there are handling/ examination fees. Can anyone who has used them tell me if there are import duties to be paid as well? We are looking at sending some clothing, pots and pans, and maybe a laptop.

Thanks

Andy
Old Sep 9th 2013, 10:22 pm
Just Joined

ajed is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Sending boxes to New Zealand

I've used voovit twice (once for me, then I shipped some things for my mum). On both occasions they were excellent.

I paid about 200$ port fees for 5 boxes I think my mum paid about $300 for 12 boxes (only payable once the ship docks, they then courier the boxes to your door free of charge).

NZ Customs don't charge (normally) for personal goods coming in a consignment to you when you're moving to NZ.

Costs can be incurred if you don't follow the customs regulations (no golf shoes etc..) or if you declare incorrectly. By the sounds of it, your list would be no problem at all.

In short - go for it, add an extra hundred quid or so to pay the kiwi port fees.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sending boxes to New Zealand

I shipped about 15 boxes over with Sevenseas in 2010, cost at the time was just over £350. They were excellent, cant really fault their service at all.
I paid $260 (£130) in port fees when my boxes arrived and I had them delivered a few days afterwards.