Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Selling up in Wellington - anyone want to buy house stufff?

Selling up in Wellington - anyone want to buy house stufff?

Old May 27th 2008, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

rebeccainnz is just really nicerebeccainnz is just really nicerebeccainnz is just really nicerebeccainnz is just really nicerebeccainnz is just really nicerebeccainnz is just really nicerebeccainnz is just really nicerebeccainnz is just really nice
Question Selling up in Wellington - anyone want to buy house stufff?

Hello,

I am moving back to UK and am going to sell all my belongings in the next 3 weeks. I have a house full of everything - kitchen stuff, some basic furniure, iron, dust pan and brush, sewing machine, BBQ, DVD, stereo, pots and pans, hammock, plants, wardrobe etc etc - nothing too fancy but basically everything you need.

We arrived with 2 bags and it was a hassle and cost to get all the basics. Just wondering if there was any newcomers to Wellington wanting to buy any of the basics at a bargain price?

PM me and I can send details if you're interested.

Cheers
bex
Old May 27th 2008, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

ChrisAndLiz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Selling up in Wellington - anyone want to buy house stufff?

Dear Rebecca in NZ,

Unfortunately, unless you can wait 6 months or so, you are selling up just a bit too early for us? We are hoping to emigrate to the North of Wellington area at the beginning of next year (paperwork, visa, jobs etc permitting).

We were just wondering why you were leaving NZ?
Also, we are hearing a small number of anti-immigrant stories and wondered if you have sufferred any problems?

Kind regards,
Liz & Chris - Nottingham, UK.
Old May 27th 2008, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

rebeccainnz is just really nicerebeccainnz is just really nicerebeccainnz is just really nicerebeccainnz is just really nicerebeccainnz is just really nicerebeccainnz is just really nicerebeccainnz is just really nicerebeccainnz is just really nice
Default Re: Selling up in Wellington - anyone want to buy house stufff?

Love it here, great place. Don't be oo put off. Just my time to leave - couldn't settle enough to make it home, and as i'm on my own it seemed like a good time to leave. It's a whirlwind licing over seas and there are plenty have times i have wondered if it was all a big mistake. But 3.5 years on and I look back with very fond memories. Wouldn't have changed anything now, and I have learned a lot about NZ, people, myself, family, what is important to me etc etc.

Go for it, but don't imagine it will all be easy all the time, but neither would life in England. By the way, you work hard here - don't think it will be an easier option. But the lifestyle is great and Welllington is a COOL city!

Any other q's- just PM me (-: