Selling clothes

Old May 7th 2011, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

Pudwol is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

We are emigrating in August 2011 and I have a wee question if any-one can give advice.

I have several boxes of Boden clothes that my family have grown out of but are in great condition. Should I try to sell them on ebay in the UK before we leave or would they sell in NZ so I can save time here and concentrate on selling the house?

Thanks for any advice and guidance.

Kathy.

Many thanks for the quick and useful replys.
Delighted to make the decision to ship it over - saves me a lot of time this end too, and I don't seem to have too much of that spare right now!!

Cheers,

Kathy

Laughing here, have never put myself in the 'upper middle class' category

Last edited by BEVS; May 8th 2011 at 9:38 am.
Old May 7th 2011, 9:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Selling clothes

I've no clue hat Boden clothes are however a quick lookie on www.trademe.co.nz and there seems to be plenty there. Friends here trade kids clothes all the time and always express surprise a how much they can get for stuff. I understand they can go through several hands, i.e. sold on again after use. So probably are more 'valuable' to those that are looking for good quality here rather than in the UK.
Old May 7th 2011, 10:01 pm
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
I've no clue hat Boden clothes are however a quick lookie on www.trademe.co.nz and there seems to be plenty there. Friends here trade kids clothes all the time and always express surprise a how much they can get for stuff. I understand they can go through several hands, i.e. sold on again after use. So probably are more 'valuable' to those that are looking for good quality here rather than in the UK.
I've never heard of Boden, either but the named clothes the kids have grown out of have sold for almost new price on Trademe. We sold a Jeff Banks shirt and Ted Baker dress on Trademe the other month and they were £5 ($10) off what we paid for it, in the Debenhams sale in the UK, before we left to come here!
Old May 7th 2011, 11:56 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

The whole thread probably tells you a lot about the fashion market in NZ

For everyone else, from Wiki:

"Boden has a reputation for designing bright, attractive clothes for the upper middle classes. Its collections are made up of the Boden range for men and women, Johnnie B for teenagers 10 - 17, Mini Boden for girls and boys aged 2–14 and Baby Boden for newborns to two-year-olds; new collections are launched every season."

So there you go.
Old May 8th 2011, 12:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonsi
bright, attractive clothes for the upper middle classes.

True enough, makes sense why we wouldn't have heard of it, we don't do bright and attractive.
Old May 8th 2011, 9:43 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

You don't find it odd that a first few posts to us all are Hi , It's Me. How Are You. How is NewZealand as a place to be but are about some clothes brand?
Old May 8th 2011, 10:11 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
You don't find it odd that a first few posts to us all are Hi , It's Me. How Are You. How is NewZealand as a place to be but are about some clothes brand?
Pudwol has a post count of 1 if this is a covert attempt to open up a new export market for Boden then good luck to them, once they´ve identified the Kiwi equivalent of upper middle class english buying power then they can exploit it. Both of them....
Old May 8th 2011, 10:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Clearly I am still operating with Spam Dectector 1.1, maybe when I can afford it I will upgrade to the latest version.

How ironic they went to so much effort and the name dropped brand was so wasted on us NZ lot.
Old May 8th 2011, 10:52 am
`

Carry on regardless loves.
Old May 8th 2011, 11:50 am
Just Joined

Pudwol is an unknown quantity at this point

Pudwol has a post count of 1 if this is a covert attempt to open up a new export market for Boden then good luck to them, once they´ve identified the Kiwi equivalent of upper middle class english buying power then they can exploit it. Both of them....
Well, I am really upset. I thought I had found a friendly place for advice before moving over but obviously not. Bevs, you have really insulted me - for the record I am not trying to set up a clothes outlet - the question was genuine.

To those who replied nicely, thank-you.

Clearly, I am not welcome.

Kathy.

Bevs - thanks for this, I now have a wife crying her eyes out - It's stressful enough trying to emigrate without some-one suggesting you are less than honest. Scottie

Last edited by Pudwol; May 8th 2011 at 12:02 pm.
Old May 9th 2011, 2:48 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

The whole thread probably tells you a lot about the fashion market in NZ

For everyone else, from Wiki:

"Boden has a reputation for designing bright, attractive clothes for the upper middle classes. Its collections are made up of the Boden range for men and women, Johnnie B for teenagers 10 - 17, Mini Boden for girls and boys aged 2–14 and Baby Boden for newborns to two-year-olds; new collections are launched every season."

So there you go.
Ooooo, I know Boden, but then I am dead posh me ...

For the record they are actually extremely good quality, but I don't think they'd be recognised here so you may end up selling them for less than you'd hoped.
Old May 9th 2011, 3:13 am
It is what it is Member

Originally Posted by Pudwol
Well, I am really upset. I thought I had found a friendly place for advice before moving over but obviously not. Bevs, you have really insulted me - for the record I am not trying to set up a clothes outlet - the question was genuine.

To those who replied nicely, thank-you.

Clearly, I am not welcome.
No, clearly you are welcome (from the number of friendly posts you refer too), but humans are humans and moderators see stuff that looks innocuous (but isn't) all the time.

Look at it this way, not everyone in NZ is going to treat you great, there are some criminals here and a lot of inconsiderate drivers. If you allow any of that to colour your opinion of the whole country then your emigration is, frankly, doomed to failure.

Emigration is tough (we've largely all done it), this thread is but a pebble on the road.
Old May 9th 2011, 3:14 am
It is what it is Member

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Ooooo, I know Boden, but then I am dead posh me ...
OK, thats one, who's the other
Old May 9th 2011, 3:23 am
`

Originally Posted by Pudwol
for the record I am not trying to set up a clothes outlet - the question was genuine.
Ok. Fair enough. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. It just looked odd to me from where I sat. Spammers can behave this way. They appear from nowhere without an intro or anything else, try for a 3 post count to maybe access the PM system & drop a brand name. Although you may already be aware of this as I see you are familiar with forum terminology, so more apologies if you now feel you are also being taught to suck eggs. I had no idea what Boden was.

Blow it. Have a box full of apologies & sorries to help dry your eyes.

If you would like to further complain , that's fine & allowed. Please email to Sue of Admin. However, I 've needed to delete your thread started on the Intro forum per rule 15.
Old May 9th 2011, 5:50 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BEVS
I had no idea what Boden was.

Blow it. Have a box full of apologies & sorries to help dry your eyes.
Tis coz she's common ... I'd insist on a case of Bollinger to go with the box full of apologies ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.