British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Selected!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/selected-310020/)

bookemjano Jun 23rd 2005 4:48 am

Selected!!

OH MY GOD! We got selected last night. There was no way I could stay up until 1.00 to see what happened because I'd have been useless in work (again) all day, so had to have a stiff drink to help me sleep.

Woke up at 3.00, sorely tempted to check, but talked myself in staying in bed, woke up at 4.30, couldn't get back to sleep, gave up trying and checked, and there was that lovely little word - they should really make it more exciting, flashing letters, fanfare sounds, images of twirling batons an fireworks .....

So I've given up on going back to bed, cos I can barely sit still never mind lie still. This is only the beginning - I'm gonna be a wreck. When we land in NZ they'll stamp my passport NUTTER and send me back.

Could I BE any more excited?

kiwijetpilot Jun 23rd 2005 6:48 am

Re: Selected!!

As you are clearly a little odd, I'll give immigration a call and object to your selection. Far too many nutters trying to get into NZ... :D :D

bookemjano Jun 23rd 2005 7:01 am

Originally Posted by kiwijetpilot
As you are clearly a little odd, I'll give immigration a call and object to your selection. Far too many nutters trying to get into NZ... :D :D

We've played safe and put hubby down as principal applicant, and hope they don't check me out too much!

Biddy Jun 23rd 2005 7:07 am

Far too many there already :D

Biddy Jun 23rd 2005 7:13 am

Originally Posted by bookemjano
OH MY GOD! We got selected last night. There was no way I could stay up until 1.00 to see what happened because I'd have been useless in work (again) all day, so had to have a stiff drink to help me sleep.

Woke up at 3.00, sorely tempted to check, but talked myself in staying in bed, woke up at 4.30, couldn't get back to sleep, gave up trying and checked, and there was that lovely little word - they should really make it more exciting, flashing letters, fanfare sounds, images of twirling batons an fireworks .....

So I've given up on going back to bed, cos I can barely sit still never mind lie still. This is only the beginning - I'm gonna be a wreck. When we land in NZ they'll stamp my passport NUTTER and send me back.

Nice!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/fastshow...s_balfour2.jpg

Pompey_Paul Jun 23rd 2005 11:07 am

Fantastic news

Well done :)

Pinkie Pie Jun 23rd 2005 1:10 pm

Only got a few mins before heading back to work, just popped on quickly to say http://tcwozere.co.uk/smileys/ac15.gif and I will answer your pm later!!! But nothing to worry about Jan...:D

Pinkie Pie Jun 23rd 2005 2:01 pm

She should fit in very well then!!! :D

kiwijetpilot Jun 23rd 2005 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
She should fit in very well then!!! :D

Hmmm yes well I'll be calling them about you too if you don't behave yourself... :D :D

Pinkie Pie Jun 23rd 2005 3:22 pm

Hmmm yes well I'll be calling them about you too if you don't behave yourself... :D :D

No chance Simon...make the call!!! They already know all about me anyway!!! :D

And anyway get to bed you...it's the middle of the night again...
don't you ever sleep man...or are you a creature of the night:scared: :eek: :scared:

Franklin Jun 23rd 2005 3:40 pm

CONGRATS! You must be walking on cloud 9!

Sparkle2nite Jun 23rd 2005 8:45 pm

Congratulations from us too (me and Guitar Mad Pom)! You must be so excited!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!

shepslady Jun 23rd 2005 9:17 pm

Hey thats great news & can imagine how excited you must be feeling now. As for you being a nutter I wouldnt worry about it too much you will fit right in, the worlds full of nutters so why should NZ be any different:D