Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Secret testing....

Secret testing....

Old Nov 30th 2007, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Secret testing....

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
Well I've nothing to worry about so they can test me all they like I've just had to do more meds for our PR as mine ran out but haven't heard back yet from them.
Why did they make you do that? Ours were due to run out and we got an extension of 3 months.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 6:43 pm

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jennifer45
Who said fat people can't live in NZ?

It was in the news last week that a person with a BMI of 40 was refused a visa.

Generally speaking, people with a BMI over 30 can fail the medical.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Avid
I heard a rumour that Australian Immigration asks for a blood test (for PR, etc) not unlike the Kiwi one but also secretly checks it for cocaine and other drugs.

Could this be true? And are the Kiwis doing it as well?

They'd have to deport 60% of the country if drug testing became compulsory for everyone.....
As far as I am aware (and I doubt it has changed) informed consent is required for drug testing and HIV testing.

Even if drug tests are part of your employment contract employers should have your informed consent.

Mind if you wanted the job badly enough I guess you would be between a rock and a hard place.

When I was still nursing I was cut with a scapel during surgery on a gang member suffering from advanced gas gangrene. I was tested for HIV (among other things)

The gang member would not consent so that left me vunerable to the possibility of being infected with no record of it being work related if he was.

I have never had another HIV test and fortunately 18 years down the track have no reason to believe it is an issue.

Based on the "habits" of gang members in that era I feel somewhat lucky.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mitchuk
you mean i've spent the last three months detoxing for nothing ...
They do not test for herbal smoking. I can promise you that.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 8:28 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kato33
They do not test for herbal smoking. I can promise you that.
Bwa ha ha ha ha ha!!!!! (sorry, that rather tickled my funny bone )
Old Dec 17th 2007, 10:13 am
Mad Bint

Platty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Avid
It was in the news last week that a person with a BMI of 40 was refused a visa.

Generally speaking, people with a BMI over 30 can fail the medical.
Bah I'm a bit buggered then
Old Dec 17th 2007, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Platty
Bah I'm a bit buggered then
I spoke to my doctor last week about this. Apparently the man was over 40 on his BMI and so was the women but the man made every effort to lose the wait. Subsequently he got in but she never I wonder how much he paid the doc to say that

Basically it went down to the fact that the woman made no effort whatsoever. If she had, and her BMI was still over 37 then she would of been allowed over. As long as they can see your trying they usually are ok.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Maz
Bwa ha ha ha ha ha!!!!! (sorry, that rather tickled my funny bone )
So we are safe then Maz........oops sorry I meant just me
Old Dec 17th 2007, 1:32 pm
Mad Bint

Platty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to all

I spoke to my doctor last week about this. Apparently the man was over 40 on his BMI and so was the women but the man made every effort to lose the wait. Subsequently he got in but she never I wonder how much he paid the doc to say that

Basically it went down to the fact that the woman made no effort whatsoever. If she had, and her BMI was still over 37 then she would of been allowed over. As long as they can see your trying they usually are ok.
I think I am only a couple of points over bah I hate being 4ft11
Old Dec 17th 2007, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Platty
I think I am only a couple of points over bah I hate being 4ft11
HeHeHe............OH is 5'6" or so he says.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 4:57 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

So we are safe then Maz........oops sorry I meant just me
Yep just you! Haven't had any in a looooong time. Actually it doesn't bother me.
Old Dec 18th 2007, 12:49 am
BE Enthusiast

jennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond repute

Fortunately being 5'9" I can carry my 92 KGs reasonably well.
But after Xmas - New years res ! Hide the scales!

Hey I've given up smoking, cut back on the wine- truly!

Anyway scientists have proved/discovered that the BMI is all to pot-cock! and they are in the process of revising it UP!
They have realised that different types of people have different types of body mass ratios. No doubt the more intelligent/knowledgable on this site can explain what they have discovered and what they intend doing about it. I'm too tired - off to bed.

Like everything else they push down our throats or tell us what to do and when and how to do it- a couple of years later they say something completely different.
Advances in communications to the masses has had its advantages but also brought a lot of mis information. Dr Sprock is a prime example.
As far as I'm concerned, you put down fat as you get older- it protects the joints puffs out the wrinkles is cheaper than botox and grandchildren love to cuddle up to a plump, warm, soft, grandma, wearing the latest fashion in a size 18 - rather than a bony, wrinkly dehydrated prune- wearing the latest fashion in a size 12. I intend telling the medical examiner that.!

Na- night!