British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   SECRET SANTA RECIPIENT FOUND - PLEASE READ (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/secret-santa-recipient-found-please-read-644873/)

BEVS Dec 15th 2009 9:40 am

SECRET SANTA RECIPIENT FOUND - PLEASE READ

BETTER LATE THAN NEVER BUT WE HAVE A SECRET SANTA RECIPIENT. :) ANYONE INTERESTED JUST PM ME AND LETS GET THE SHOW MOVING PRONTO :thumbsup:

Am Loolah and I have both looked for & found a Secret Santa recipient. The family below have accepted and welcomed the idea of the Secret Santa random act of kindness from strangers.

This years recipient for our New Zealand Secret Santa is a young 6 year old called Bianca who has been bravely battling Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia cancer for the past 3 years. What I feel is worthy about this , is that the family have given their time to raise funds and help others in this situation rather than just looking inward and focussing on themselves.

As we all know New Zealand hasn't the greatest of populations and so , if one has spent any length of time here, one knows just how fundamentally important individual support is within a community.

Because of Bianca's age, I wanted the go ahead from her parents and I now have that. I'm told that Bianca will love to receive cards & small gifts and why not indeed after all she has been through. If any of us wish to add a few $$$ towards her parents target goal for fund raising , then so much the better.

The Secret Santa is about a random act of kindness at this time of year. I hope we can all do this for Bianca.

Anyone who wishes to take part, please PM to me & I will send you the details of where to send your cards/gifts and/or $$.

If you wish to see further about what the family has had to battle, I can give you a link for this , but please remember this is a journal by the family

Thanks and Merry Christmas

BEVS

Am Loolah Dec 15th 2009 7:48 pm

Re: SECRET SANTA RECIPIENT FOUND - PLEASE READ

Just to add to this ...

I know Christmas is an expensive time of year for everyone. But honestly this doesn't have to be anymore than another card out of the box if you feel you can't contribute.:thumbup:

I've decided not to give cards to my friends here in NZ who I see/text/speak to on a regular basis. I reckon that's got to be saving me say $30. With that I can buy one card and a small gift. I will encourage my youngest daughter who has just turned 7, so a similiar age to Bianca - to choose a gift with me and perhaps write in the card too. Assuming I have a little left over I will send a cheque, which may just be $10, towards their fundraising. A far better use of my resources than a card to friends I see all the time that will end up in the bin on the 12th January!:)

pixi-dust Dec 15th 2009 8:35 pm

Loolah, that's how I look at it too - we don't send cards to all our friends here, none of us do.
I just got mine all done and dusted and I have to say it made me feel really good! :D It's the proper christmas spirit really!

Am Loolah Dec 16th 2009 3:11 am

Bit thick me.:sneaky:

Just explaining this to my 7 and 11 year olds - they said they want to write in the card.:wub: But can they sign their names or does it get left blank from "Santa?":confused:

BEVS Dec 16th 2009 3:16 am

Their names . :wub:

They are being Santa little helpers for an extra special reason..

Matewx Dec 16th 2009 7:08 am

Originally Posted by Am Loolah (Post 8176317)

Just explaining this to my 7 and 11 year olds - they said they want to write in the card.:wub: But can they sign their names or does it get left blank from "Santa?":confused:

AWWWWW How sweeeeeeet

weejie Dec 17th 2009 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by Am Loolah (Post 8176317)

Did the same with my 2 boys and emphasised how LUCKY they are,sent a Pm to our other lovely mod asking the same.......names,secret santa or login name on BE!! Now I can get them to write the card and post off the pressie.:thumbsup:

Phyl x

BEVS Dec 17th 2009 8:56 pm

I'm gonna sign the card from
me and him , the cats and the ducks :p + our general location Nelson NZ.
Then below that I'll put BEVS at Brit Expats so they will know who and where.

I'm also going to put in a short greetings message which will include the 'Secret Santa' wording.

Covering all bases I spose.