Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Secondary school teacher - Physics - looking at NZ. Any advice?

Secondary school teacher - Physics - looking at NZ. Any advice?

Old Aug 5th 2008, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

HUFC1908 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Secondary school teacher - Physics - looking at NZ. Any advice?

Howdo.

Hoping some of you guys on here can share some advice. I'm aware there is already a lot of info on here, but was hoping a teacher who has made the move may be able to help a bit more.

How easy is it to get qualifications recognised? Is it easier to find a job first then send of an EOI? What are the schools like compared with the UK? Is it feasible to move and start a family, (Living on one wage?). Has anyone made the move with cats? We have two cats, fully vacinated and on the pet passport system.

We are seriously looking at NZ or Aus and need to decide where to go. With all of the information we have read we are torn between the two so any advice (good or bad) will be very useful.

Also Visa applications. I've read they can take between 6 and 18 months. Is this realsitic or does it take a lot longer?

Cheers for you help guys.