Reload this Page >

Secondary School Art teacher

Secondary School Art teacher

Old Jan 15th 2016, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

paul_h is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Secondary School Art teacher

Hi,

I would be really pleased if I could get in touch with a UK secondary school Art teacher who has been through the process of having their qualifications recognised in NZ, and is now working there. Someone who has been through the process and would be happy to strike up a conversation about the benefits and pitfalls - help the process along.

thanks

Paul

Last edited by MrsFychan; Jan 19th 2016 at 9:01 am.
Old Jan 19th 2016, 8:47 am
Just Joined

paul_h is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Secondly School Art teacher

How do you edit a subject title on here? That should say Secondary!
Old Jan 19th 2016, 9:06 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Secondly School Art teacher

Originally Posted by paul_h
How do you edit a subject title on here? That should say Secondary!
done for you.

sorry no one has replied but don't think we have any secondary art teachers.
Old Feb 7th 2016, 9:57 am
Just Joined

scoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Secondary School Art teacher

Paul did you hear anything from anyone? Depending on age , an Education Personnel company suggested coming out on a working visa and doing some supply work. Still in the process of looking into things myself.

Last edited by BEVS; Feb 8th 2016 at 12:25 am. Reason: wee snip of link to approve post from a newbie.
Old Feb 8th 2016, 12:34 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Secondary School Art teacher

Originally Posted by scoe
Paul did you hear anything from anyone? Depending on age , an Education Personnel company suggested coming out on a working visa and doing some supply work. Still in the process of looking into things myself.
If that is actually written then that is very bad advice. For a work visa it is firm full time job offer first and then a work visa can be uplifted. Not the other way around.

Secondary school teachers are not currently in shortage here in New Zealand so a school/employer would have quite a tough time convincing the NZ Labour Dept and New Zealand Immigration service that there is no NZ resident or NZ citizen secondary school teacher that could take up that post.

Some of the polytechnics and unis appear to be NZIS accredited so that could be a route in via a Work to Residence.

Of course, Paul-H may already hold a NZ residency visa, in which case ignore the above.

NZ teachers council