Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Seasonal Job then Residence?

Seasonal Job then Residence?

Old Mar 4th 2009, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

Denise44 is a name known to allDenise44 is a name known to allDenise44 is a name known to allDenise44 is a name known to allDenise44 is a name known to allDenise44 is a name known to allDenise44 is a name known to allDenise44 is a name known to allDenise44 is a name known to allDenise44 is a name known to allDenise44 is a name known to all
Default Seasonal Job then Residence?

Hi All

We have started the long process of applying for skilled migrant visa and have submitted our EOI with 130 points but no job offer. (wish us luck for Wed 11th!)

Rob is an electrician and so far every employer/recruitment agent we have contacted has said get back to them once we have residence and know when we are going to arrive.

We have just seen an advert for an electrician (and other jobs) at a ski resort on a seasonal basis (June to October). As Rob is over 30 (and some) he couldn't apply for a working holiday visa. Does anyone know what other route we could go down as I don't think we would be able to get PR in time. And would it affect our current application?
Old Mar 5th 2009, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Seasonal Job then Residence?

you could try and go on a WR(work to residency), not sure how it works for you though
Old Mar 5th 2009, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

blackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to all

This may not be an option for you but my OH is going alone and finding work hopefully getting a work permit before we get there, once there we will apply for PR. Some people want to go together but as he is not on the needed skills list I think it's our only option. (To be honest I'm quite looking forward to the break!!!

Dawn X
Old Mar 5th 2009, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

Denise44 is a name known to allDenise44 is a name known to allDenise44 is a name known to allDenise44 is a name known to allDenise44 is a name known to allDenise44 is a name known to allDenise44 is a name known to allDenise44 is a name known to allDenise44 is a name known to allDenise44 is a name known to allDenise44 is a name known to all

Hi
We have considered Rob going ahead of me and the kids and haven't ruled that out.

I'm not sure that this seasonal job is in an area that we would want to live for the long term and it would mean quite a lot of disruption for the kids in terms of schools.

I think we have ruled this particular job out for now - would have been fun if it was just the 2 of us.