Scrimper City

Old Jan 19th 2014, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

snaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nice
Default Scrimper City

Maybe if we all posted a simple method of making those dollars go further we can all have an even better time in NZ.

I always find those ghastly rolls of plastic bags a real pain, so if at all possible I resort to using and re-using cereal box content bags. They last for ages and are so much stronger than the rolls. Environmentally better too.
Old Jan 20th 2014, 12:28 am
Forum Regular

A Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scrimper City

Go to https://www.powerswitch.org.nz/powerswitch to check if you are with the best provider for your electricity. We switched to Powershop after doing this and in the first year paid over $300 less for our electricity, compared to what our old provider would have charged us.
Old Jan 20th 2014, 5:25 am
BE Enthusiast

bearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond repute

A must-do would be to spend your holiday time in NZ. There's a good reason why tourism is big business here - NZ is gorgeous. Borrow a tent and enjoy some of NZ's amazing camping opportunities. Make the most of what's on your doorstep. And, no it doesn't have to be expensive - DoC huts, camping etc... Rather that than spend 1000s on trips overseas.
Old Jan 20th 2014, 6:17 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Menu plan. Very boring to do but if you shop to a list created from a menu plan you can save hundreds and hundreds annually, as well as eating more healthily and wasting less.
Old Jan 20th 2014, 5:45 pm
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
Menu plan. Very boring to do but if you shop to a list created from a menu plan you can save hundreds and hundreds annually, as well as eating more healthily and wasting less.
You took the words out of my mouth there! great minds think alike
Old Jan 20th 2014, 11:35 pm
Just Joined

BigStuey is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't understand hunting or fishing in the UK, why go to all that effort when you can just go to Sainsburys? Hunting and fishing was just a pastime for the aristocracy and assorted psychopaths for the sole joy of killing....
But here any extra protein that can be hunted, fished or forgaged goes a long way to feeding the family and easing the tight budget. I was talking to my mum (in the UK) on the phone about possibly going on a hunting trip and she said...are things that bad can't you afford meat?
Old Jan 21st 2014, 5:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed Big Stuey, it took me a while to get to grips with the stampede that ensues whenever there's mention of a 'free feed'.

My tip, don't pay 10cents for each bag in Pak N Save - do it the Kiwi way and pack your groceries in the council rubbish bags you just bought.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 7:24 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles

My tip, don't pay 10cents for each bag in Pak N Save - do it the Kiwi way and pack your groceries in the council rubbish bags you just bought.
Ugh, I have never seen that! Just use cloth bags, innit.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 7:25 am
---

I thought of another one - give up cheese. It's all shite here anyway but expensive shite.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 8:05 am
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Plant your own herbs in small pots instead of buying them in the supermarkets. You don't need heaps of space, just a few pots on the window ledge will do
Attached Thumbnails Scrimper City-herbs.jpg  
Old Jan 21st 2014, 10:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
Ugh, I have never seen that! Just use cloth bags, innit.
Cloth bags costs money, innit. I was reminded by some blokes I saw doing shopping yesterday, one of them ripped into the roll of black bags to pack the food into. I have seen others doing the same but maybe they is copying innit, a bit like balancing the yoghurts on the side of the trolley thing and ripping the husks off of corns on the cobs in the shop, innit. What's that all about? It's not like they are sold by weight or nuffink.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 4:53 pm
---

Ha, I have long marveled at the bit of ingenuity that is hanging the yogs* over the side of the trolley - I looked most carefully when back in Blighty but it seems this practice has not yet made an appearance over there.

*technically dairy based desert thickened with gelatine.

I live in Cambridge - there's no way I could start packing my shopping in refuse sacks There's something depressing about the thought of that.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 5:09 pm
---

Get AA card for fuel savings or make use of supermarket ones.
Use a veg shop if you have a decent one nearby and check out your local Asian store.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 7:52 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Buy your cereal in bulk from Bin Inn .
Old Jan 21st 2014, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

BigStuey is an unknown quantity at this point

Nobodies mentioned the obvious one...veggie and potato patch in the garden.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.