Reload this Page >

Scottish recently moved to Auckland - would like to connect with others

Scottish recently moved to Auckland - would like to connect with others

Old Jan 30th 2014, 4:47 am
Just Joined

chris661 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Scottish recently moved to Auckland - would like to connect with others

Hi there,

My names Chris, I am 31 . I moved to Auckland at the start of January with my Mrs (23) and our son who is 3years old. I got accepted back in August for a job here which I started as soon as we got here.

We have recently moved into a rental house in flat bush. We came to Auckland with only clothes, cash and our sons toys, so we have had the excitement of buying loads of new things for our new home. We love it.

Our son has just recently started nursery "childcare as it is called here" he is loving it and is loving his new house. My partner who worked back in childcare in Scotland is looking for a job at the moment, she loves it here, better than she expected.

We are both keen to meet new people ,make friends and share experiences with moving/ living here.

Does anyone have suggestions ? lol
Old Jan 30th 2014, 4:53 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scottish recently moved to Auckland - would like to connect with others

Welcome to NZ and the happy Forum. I am one of the Christchurch mob but don't worry the AKL peeps will be home from work or the pub and with you shortly
Old Jan 30th 2014, 6:04 am
Just Joined

chris661 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Scottish recently moved to Auckland - would like to connect with others

cheers
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

gazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nice

Best advice would be join something.

I played football when in Aucks - there are lots of clubs - auckland football federation(AFF) can point you in right direction.

My missus went to yoga and fitness groups around Remuera and Mission Bay.

There a National Pub Poker League - which is free to play if you want and you can meet folks there while also getting out and about - Evening though so maybe not so good with a bairn.

Can be difficult to build up that social circle without being really proactive.

Depends what your into