Scottish bakery

Old Jan 21st 2010, 3:00 am
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Scottish bakery

Well how happy am I lol, went in before Christmas to get lucy from day care and found a flyer in her lunch box from a nursery teacher for this cool bakers in Auckland. She had been visiting friends and saw the flyer and thought of us(how nice eh) anyway i went straight on the phone to them and ordered heaps of cool food. Cost me around $15 in postage so i ordered lots and just filled the freezer full of square sausage, black pudding and real totty scones mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm they send you it frozen in one of them freezer vans though it is made fresh for you and they will have the order to you in a couple of days

anyway just thought i would let you all know as there stuff is seriously yummmy www.scotbake.co.nz

im not a huge black pudding person but loved theirs it was really good
as im in new house with a bigger freezer im going to get more next time, and keep it to myself lol as last lot i gave to bert next door to try
Old Jan 21st 2010, 4:13 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Scottish bakery

Good one.

I am waiting for June's son to send quality sausages to the South Island.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 4:22 am
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Good one.

thats what i love about this place they send them to all of nz, and it just makes sense to get loads as its a one off payment for postage then every so often

we have bbq'd the stuff and it is mmmmm
Old Jan 21st 2010, 4:38 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

Caroline I've been buying rowies from them for the last 2 years! ( I get 4 dozen at a time!) The first time I phoned them I could swear I was talking to my dad - the guys accent was so Aberdonian!
Also their rowies are the best even better than the ones you can buy in Aberdeen now, as there is some EEC regulation that said they had too much salt in them! Is there such a thing as too much salt or lard??? Seriously!
Old Jan 21st 2010, 4:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pixi-dust
Caroline I've been buying rowies from them for the last 2 years! ( I get 4 dozen at a time!) The first time I phoned them I could swear I was talking to my dad - the guys accent was so Aberdonian!
Also their rowies are the best even better than the ones you can buy in Aberdeen now, as there is some EEC regulation that said they had too much salt in them! Is there such a thing as too much salt or lard??? Seriously!
lol i know, you would not believe the guy has been here like 20 years or something. I actually ordered them and was planning a surprise scottish breaky on xmas morning for gary, well they phoned about the delivery date and gary picked up the phone, so of course this guy was talking to him about a bakers and he was like, im in nz whats this about lol, he thought it was a call from scotland, honestly it was hilarious, he was like a wrong number from scotland lol, then i was like oh that will be your surprise lol
Old Jan 21st 2010, 5:01 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hmm. Do they deliver tot he South Island though?
Old Jan 21st 2010, 5:06 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolineshewan
lol i know, you would not believe the guy has been here like 20 years or something. I actually ordered them and was planning a surprise scottish breaky on xmas morning for gary, well they phoned about the delivery date and gary picked up the phone, so of course this guy was talking to him about a bakers and he was like, im in nz whats this about lol, he thought it was a call from scotland, honestly it was hilarious, he was like a wrong number from scotland lol, then i was like oh that will be your surprise lol

Bevs I think they do everywhere
not totally sure though. Worth phoning to see.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 5:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Hmm. Do they deliver tot he South Island though?
yup they do, just go to the bit on website and it will give you costs, cos they freeze it all to send to you, they can
Old Mar 19th 2010, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

ah well we finished off ur supply, going to need to order our next freezer full lol mmmmmmmmmmm
Old Mar 19th 2010, 11:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Good one.

Its my son in law actually but I will get him to work on it for you.

June
Old Mar 21st 2010, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

OH MY GOD! My son has been moaning about missing haggis,has anyone tried theirs??? I can make tattie scones but really miss butteries and lorne sausage! Thankyou so much Caroline

Phyl x
Old Mar 21st 2010, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

turkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of light

Speaking of Caledonian cuisine, my local chippie does a good line in deep fried mars bars

I bought one to share with my son as a bit of a laugh, but it turned out to be delicious, with probably the addictive qualities of crack if I were to go the distance and eat a full one.
Old Mar 21st 2010, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

I hate haggis, but its apparently lovely. there black pudding is OMG good lol

mmmm never had a deep fried mars bar, but sure its lovely

used to get a chocoalate nan and omg that was delish, sure miss those
Old Mar 21st 2010, 7:54 pm
A land far far away

weejie, the haggis won't be exactly the same as you're used to as here they're not allowed to put lungs in. Mind you, why anyone would put lungs in something is beyond me!
I cannot stand haggis!
Quite liked McSweens veggie ones.
Old Mar 21st 2010, 8:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pixi-dust
weejie, the haggis won't be exactly the same as you're used to as here they're not allowed to put lungs in. Mind you, why anyone would put lungs in something is beyond me!
I cannot stand haggis!
Quite liked McSweens veggie ones.
I used the veggie one for me,the other one for the boys and OH!!!

Phyl x