`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Scorching !

I like a spa pool for a little bit but I have low blood pressure
Spoiler:
despite wine intake
so they get uncomfy for me.
Same with Hanmer Springs. Right woosie.
Spas are fine provided they are properly maintained to ensure no bugs or .......
Spoiler:
cringy something or others.

MrBEVS being a plumber who has served the spa needs of those with special needs and the like is an expert at this. However we don't have one as we're not posh

For the pool:

You float a chlorine thing on the water and you cover them when not using.
1 - Keep bugs out
2 - Keep heat in.

Believe me . We watched the neighbour's pool last year and the water remained good.

Can't say that for the local school pools where you can pay a small amount of $ to use the pool during the summer recess but where that pool water can be a bit suss because people do not maintain.
Old Nov 26th 2016, 12:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

After having bared my legs and opted for a backless shoe with no socks or stockings yesterday I'm throwing all caution to the wind today and declaring today officially New Zealand Summertime in the Bo-jangles household; living life on the edge I know but
Spoiler:
the duvet has come off the bed
and
Spoiler:
cucumbers were 2 for $2 in Pak n Save yesterday
Old Nov 26th 2016, 3:54 am
BE Enthusiast

LoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of light

Pools are more trouble than they are worth.

Be a Kiwi and just go down to the river for a dip

When we ran out of water, we took the shampoo too

Last edited by LoCarb; Nov 26th 2016 at 3:56 am.
Old Nov 26th 2016, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

SSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
I like a spa pool for a little bit but I have low blood pressure
Spoiler:
despite wine intake
so they get uncomfy for me.
Same with Hanmer Springs.
Hanmer Springs, shudder ... when we first went to visit many years ago, it was just full of old folk in those stinky pools soaking off who knows what!!!
Old Nov 26th 2016, 10:18 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Scorching !

Originally Posted by LoCarb
Be a Kiwi and just go down to the river for a dip
Increasingly difficult dues to intensification of agriculture and lax environmental regulation.

I've been in Napier, Gisborne and Hastings, have had some hot afternoons (high 20s) but nothing really scorching yet. Just a bit of handling the steering wheel like a hot potato when getting into the car.
Old Nov 26th 2016, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

SSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Increasingly difficult dues to intensification of agriculture and lax environmental regulation.

I've been in Napier, Gisborne and Hastings, have had some hot afternoons (high 20s) but nothing really scorching yet. Just a bit of handling the steering wheel like a hot potato when getting into the car.
Umm yep I'd be in two minds now as to whether I could jump in the river to cool off,
It's not so much what is seeping into the water is it, it's more how it's making algae and such like grow. Then again, as a kid I used to paddle in the canal in Leeds and I lived to tell the tale.
Old Nov 26th 2016, 4:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SSky
Umm yep I'd be in two minds now as to whether I could jump in the river to cool off,
It's not so much what is seeping into the water is it, it's more how it's making algae and such like grow. Then again, as a kid I used to paddle in the canal in Leeds and I lived to tell the tale.
In the South of France the kids play in the canals all Summer. Given the village sewage and all the boat waste goes into them you realise how tough the human immune system is (if exposed early).
Old Nov 27th 2016, 3:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well silly me should have known better; today we are back to the usual i-weather shuffle with all four seasons hitting us at random intervals.
Old Nov 27th 2016, 3:41 am
BE Enthusiast

LoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Charismatic
You have to know the spots close to the ranges before the water becomes polluted by farming
Old Jan 1st 2017, 4:18 am
`

You have to know the spots close to the ranges before the water becomes polluted by farming
There are a couple of spots hereabouts. Bit busy in the hols though as everyone & their dawgs comes up here which I do not blame them at all.

Scorchio today. Mega scorchy but me and him had to be DIYing and weedathoning as visitors are due in 3 weeks

So , after the toil there was this.

Old Jan 1st 2017, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just waiting for the selfie ........
Old Jan 1st 2017, 11:38 pm
`

Just waiting for the selfie ........
I have no stick. Attachment 126734
Old Jan 2nd 2017, 3:30 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

There are a couple of spots hereabouts. Bit busy in the hols though as everyone & their dawgs comes up here which I do not blame them at all.

Scorchio today. Mega scorchy but me and him had to be DIYing and weedathoning as visitors are due in 3 weeks

Looks great
And pretty damn level too

I hope he has got his factor 100 sunscreen on!

Last edited by Stinkypup; Jan 2nd 2017 at 3:44 am.
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Awesomeness!
Old Jan 10th 2017, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

wez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nice

Well i've been here since yesterday afternoon now (Whangaparaoa), and the weather has been poor I hope it improves

Hi everyone, by the way

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.