Scorching !

Old Feb 20th 2014, 5:17 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scorching !

Very scorchio here, but agree with BJ that it is not a high quality sort of scorchio. It is high humidity with a hot breeze. I gave up and put air con on in the house yesterday
Old Feb 20th 2014, 6:29 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Been a horrible sort of scorch here, just hot, grey and oppressive humidity. Cicadas are still awake and have been mental and going at it all through the past couple of nights and my hair looks like 'Crystal Tipps' frizz bomb.
You & me both. Went to pick OH up off the ferry yesterday & the first thing he says is

"Have you been to the gym?"
"No!" says I.
"Oh, you just look like you have."
Old Feb 21st 2014, 7:03 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Think it'll be scorchio here in Christchurch today.
Old Nov 16th 2014, 3:41 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Be careful what you wish for! I'm currently in Brisbane where the temps this weekend have exceeded 40degree and I'm melting! I never thought I would say this but I miss the Wellington wind!!
Old Nov 16th 2014, 4:08 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I think Brisbane is known for it's scorchio.

Stuff that. I'm not even that fond of scorch time here. Give me gentle skies anyday.

Today has been hot and windy so all is scorched dry. Veg garden suffering .

The talk is of early water restrictions if we don't get some all round decent rain. Normally rains are October and Christmas but we need a more concerted effort on the rain front. Growers here are not at all happy.
Old Nov 17th 2014, 6:12 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Scorching !

Originally Posted by BEVS
The talk is of early water restrictions if we don't get some all round decent rain.
As a shareholder in a companies running wind and gas fired operations I hope this year is a long, hot scorcher that dries up hydro electricity .
Old Nov 17th 2014, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

bearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond repute

Am most unhappy with weather generally. It never gets very hot here, but i am hugely miffed with this years effort at weather. What's with all the wind? its gales again today, plus the now-usual torrential rain. I can see this driving me away, although i am happy to give somewhere else in NZ a go before jumping ship. I do understand that it is probably just Dorkland weather that is the (rather large and possibly unsurmountable) problem.
Old Nov 17th 2014, 7:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
The talk is of early water restrictions if we don't get some all round decent rain. Normally rains are October and Christmas but we need a more concerted effort on the rain front. Growers here are not at all happy.
Shame we can't share it about a bit more equally ,we have had next to zero of the scorch and more than enough of the typically Auckland liquid type of sunshine hammering on the roof this past few days.
Old Nov 17th 2014, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

SSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond repute

I love when it's scorchio and then it downpours ... the smell is divine, earthy and exciting!
Bevs. do you collect your rainwater? We do and we could fill a drum in about 30 seconds with the rain off our roof during some of the storms.
Old Nov 17th 2014, 8:02 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by SSky
I love when it's scorchio and then it downpours ... the smell is divine, earthy and exciting!
Bevs. do you collect your rainwater? We do and we could fill a drum in about 30 seconds with the rain off our roof during some of the storms.
We have 3 tanks . One large concrete job to collect from the house roof. One for the garage roof and one for the carport roof.

The house tank feeds the house via a pump. The only mains water tap is in the kitchen and also two outside taps. If the tank runs dry - which it has a couple of times - we are able to switch to mains to fill the tank.

The two other tanks are mostly used for watering the section , however one of those tanks can also be used to top up the main tank.
Old Jan 4th 2015, 1:46 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Smile Re: Scorching !

It's just starting to feel...what's the word I'm looking for? Warm? Hot? Boiling? Baking? No...something else.

Scorchio!
Old Jan 5th 2015, 12:50 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, certainly getting to scorchio levels now. I've got my bikini on though I think I'm looking a bit furry . May need to get the Immac out
Old Jan 5th 2015, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Yep, certainly getting to scorchio levels now. I've got my bikini on though I think I'm looking a bit furry . May need to get the Immac out
Old Jan 6th 2015, 8:47 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by TommyLuck
Don't you like my furry look?????
Old Jan 6th 2015, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

All that fur being immac-ed would be sheer agony!

EDIT - For some reason I read immac and thought waxing. No idea why ... :-S

Last edited by TommyLuck; Jan 6th 2015 at 10:31 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.