Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Sci-fi Spoof comes to Orewa........Beware!

Sci-fi Spoof comes to Orewa........Beware!

Old Nov 1st 2011, 10:05 pm
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sci-fi Spoof comes to Orewa........Beware!

Centrestage Theatre's last big show of the year is:

RETURN TO THE FORBIDDEN PLANET

It's a parody of a 1950's sci-fi 'B' movie & Shakespeare's "The Tempest". It has some great music in it including; Good Vibrations, She's Not There, Who's Sorry Now, Great Balls Of Fire, Born to be Wild etc., etc. It's a fun night out.

It opens this coming Saturday 5th November at 8pm & runs through until 19th November. Tickets are available from the Box Office, Centrestage Theatre between 10am - 2pm, monday to saturday. Tel (09) 426 7282 or through http://www.iticket.co.nz

Opening night special: Enjoy a free glass of wine & assorted canapes (provided by Emi-Deli, Orewa) before the show.

Centrestage Theatre is situated behind the Council offices on Centreway Road, Orewa. Please note, although we are situated on Council Land, we are not funded by the council. We rely totally on grants, fund-raising events & shows to keep the theatre running. So please come & support us.[/URL]

Old Nov 2nd 2011, 10:14 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sci-fi Spoof comes to Orewa........Beware!

I would come if I was nearby- I always say that
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 8:19 pm
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute

I wish you were nearby
Old Nov 5th 2011, 11:45 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix View Post
I wish you were nearby
Me too, Chch a little dull at the moment
Old Nov 5th 2011, 10:07 pm
Finally mesh free!

Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
Me too, Chch a little dull at the moment
Well let me know if you are ever up this way

Had a fantastic opening night. Audience got involved in the very important "Reverse Polarity Procedure" & laughed in all the right parts . Off to do it all again in a couple of hours.
Old Nov 6th 2011, 7:47 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Well let me know if you are ever up this way

Had a fantastic opening night. Audience got involved in the very important "Reverse Polarity Procedure" & laughed in all the right parts . Off to do it all again in a couple of hours.
great stuff - could be persuaded to go, although L might not be too keen, we'll see.
Old Nov 6th 2011, 9:44 am
Finally mesh free!

Originally Posted by lardyl View Post
great stuff - could be persuaded to go, although L might not be too keen, we'll see.
It's not your typical musical. I know blokes who would never normally go to the theatre, saw it last night & enjoyed it so much that they are coming again
Old Nov 7th 2011, 1:04 am
Queen of the Underworld

Sounds like a great success!
One day I might make it up there You know I've never been north of Rotorua apart from landing and leaving Auckland airport but that doesn't really count.

Hope the rest of the run is as successful
Old Nov 7th 2011, 1:31 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

It's not your typical musical. I know blokes who would never normally go to the theatre, saw it last night & enjoyed it so much that they are coming again
Lisa will hate it then. Hates load music comedy sci-fi

So I might go with some of the lads......??
Old Nov 7th 2011, 3:00 am
Finally mesh free!

Lisa will hate it then. Hates load music comedy sci-fi

So I might go with some of the lads......??

You'll like the short dresses! The orchestra (mostly male) are having a fabulous time
Old Nov 7th 2011, 3:08 am
Finally mesh free!

Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
Sounds like a great success!
One day I might make it up there You know I've never been north of Rotorua apart from landing and leaving Auckland airport but that doesn't really count.

Hope the rest of the run is as successful
People who have seen the show are loving it, unfortunately we are struggling to get bookings. We think this is partly to do with the economic climate (Lots of theatres struggling), it's also an unknown show & Orewa has a large elderly population

Everyone has put so much work into this over the last few months & the vast majority of us are volunteers (Just the Director, Choreographer, MD & orchestra who get paid).

You need to remedy that chuck & get yourself up this way when you can
Old Nov 7th 2011, 3:52 am
you dewty owld maan!

People who have seen the show are loving it, unfortunately we are struggling to get bookings. We think this is partly to do with the economic climate (Lots of theatres struggling), it's also an unknown show & Orewa has a large elderly population
Would the 9 year old be OK - he's got a seriously wacky sense of humour and loves music, movies, etc. ??
Might hit the Sunday Matinee if so.....
Old Nov 7th 2011, 3:57 am
Finally mesh free!

Would the 9 year old be OK - he's got a seriously wacky sense of humour and loves music, movies, etc. ??
Might hit the Sunday Matinee if so.....
There have been younger kids there. A couple of profanities (shit & bastards) but both only said the once I think.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 7:33 am
Queen of the Underworld

Everyone has put so much work into this over the last few months & the vast majority of us are volunteers (Just the Director, Choreographer, MD & orchestra who get paid).

You need to remedy that chuck & get yourself up this way when you can
Hopefully those who have seen it will tell enough people so you get bums on seats. Word of mouth can be very powerful but it must be very frustrating having to struggle to book after all that hardwork.
Lots of luck

Will make it up there sometime I'm sure. At the moment I seem to be working 6 days a week-can't turn down work as may end up with nothing at some point. Got to pay for my 4 weeks holiday in January as well-I don't get paid hols since I'm working on a casual/locum basis [sometimes good and sometimes not so!]
Old Nov 9th 2011, 9:48 pm
Finally mesh free!

TWO FOR THE PRICE OF ONE TONIGHT Doorsales only