British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Sci-fi Spoof comes to Orewa........Beware! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/sci-fi-spoof-comes-orewa-beware-737592/)

scrubbedexpat094 Nov 1st 2011 10:05 pm

Sci-fi Spoof comes to Orewa........Beware!

Centrestage Theatre's last big show of the year is:

RETURN TO THE FORBIDDEN PLANET :eek:

It's a parody of a 1950's sci-fi 'B' movie & Shakespeare's "The Tempest". It has some great music in it including; Good Vibrations, She's Not There, Who's Sorry Now, Great Balls Of Fire, Born to be Wild etc., etc. It's a fun night out.

It opens this coming Saturday 5th November at 8pm & runs through until 19th November. Tickets are available from the Box Office, Centrestage Theatre between 10am - 2pm, monday to saturday. Tel (09) 426 7282 or through http://www.iticket.co.nz

Opening night special: Enjoy a free glass of wine & assorted canapes (provided by Emi-Deli, Orewa) before the show.:)

Centrestage Theatre is situated behind the Council offices on Centreway Road, Orewa. Please note, although we are situated on Council Land, we are not funded by the council. We rely totally on grants, fund-raising events & shows to keep the theatre running. So please come & support us.[/URL]

Persephone Nov 2nd 2011 10:14 am

Re: Sci-fi Spoof comes to Orewa........Beware!

I would come if I was nearby- I always say that:D

scrubbedexpat094 Nov 2nd 2011 8:19 pm

I wish you were nearby :)

Persephone Nov 5th 2011 11:45 am

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix (Post 9711234)
I wish you were nearby :)

:wub: Me too, Chch a little dull at the moment

scrubbedexpat094 Nov 5th 2011 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 9716174)
:wub: Me too, Chch a little dull at the moment

Well let me know if you are ever up this way ;)

Had a fantastic opening night. Audience got involved in the very important "Reverse Polarity Procedure" & laughed in all the right parts :thumbup:. Off to do it all again in a couple of hours.

lardyl Nov 6th 2011 7:47 am

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix (Post 9716786)
Well let me know if you are ever up this way ;)

Had a fantastic opening night. Audience got involved in the very important "Reverse Polarity Procedure" & laughed in all the right parts :thumbup:. Off to do it all again in a couple of hours.

great stuff - could be persuaded to go, although L might not be too keen, we'll see.

scrubbedexpat094 Nov 6th 2011 9:44 am

Originally Posted by lardyl (Post 9717233)
great stuff - could be persuaded to go, although L might not be too keen, we'll see.

It's not your typical musical. I know blokes who would never normally go to the theatre, saw it last night & enjoyed it so much that they are coming again ;)

Persephone Nov 7th 2011 1:04 am

Sounds like a great success!
One day I might make it up there;) You know I've never been north of Rotorua apart from landing and leaving Auckland airport but that doesn't really count.

Hope the rest of the run is as successful:)

lardyl Nov 7th 2011 1:31 am

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix (Post 9717332)
It's not your typical musical. I know blokes who would never normally go to the theatre, saw it last night & enjoyed it so much that they are coming again ;)

Lisa will hate it then. Hates load music comedy sci-fi

So I might go with some of the lads......??

scrubbedexpat094 Nov 7th 2011 3:00 am

Originally Posted by lardyl (Post 9718159)
Lisa will hate it then. Hates load music comedy sci-fi

So I might go with some of the lads......??

:rofl:
You'll like the short dresses! ;) The orchestra (mostly male) are having a fabulous time :rolleyes:

scrubbedexpat094 Nov 7th 2011 3:08 am

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 9718131)
Sounds like a great success!
One day I might make it up there;) You know I've never been north of Rotorua apart from landing and leaving Auckland airport but that doesn't really count.

Hope the rest of the run is as successful:)

People who have seen the show are loving it, unfortunately we are struggling to get bookings. We think this is partly to do with the economic climate (Lots of theatres struggling), it's also an unknown show & Orewa has a large elderly population:blink:

Everyone has put so much work into this over the last few months & the vast majority of us are volunteers (Just the Director, Choreographer, MD & orchestra who get paid).

You need to remedy that chuck & get yourself up this way when you can :thumbup:

lardyl Nov 7th 2011 3:52 am

People who have seen the show are loving it, unfortunately we are struggling to get bookings. We think this is partly to do with the economic climate (Lots of theatres struggling), it's also an unknown show & Orewa has a large elderly population:blink:
Would the 9 year old be OK - he's got a seriously wacky sense of humour and loves music, movies, etc. ??
Might hit the Sunday Matinee if so.....

scrubbedexpat094 Nov 7th 2011 3:57 am

Originally Posted by lardyl (Post 9718244)
Would the 9 year old be OK - he's got a seriously wacky sense of humour and loves music, movies, etc. ??
Might hit the Sunday Matinee if so.....

There have been younger kids there. A couple of profanities (shit & bastards) but both only said the once I think.

Persephone Nov 7th 2011 7:33 am

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix (Post 9718218)

Everyone has put so much work into this over the last few months & the vast majority of us are volunteers (Just the Director, Choreographer, MD & orchestra who get paid).

You need to remedy that chuck & get yourself up this way when you can :thumbup:

Hopefully those who have seen it will tell enough people so you get bums on seats. Word of mouth can be very powerful but it must be very frustrating having to struggle to book after all that hardwork.
Lots of luck:thumbup:

Will make it up there sometime I'm sure:). At the moment I seem to be working 6 days a week-can't turn down work as may end up with nothing at some point. Got to pay for my 4 weeks holiday in January as well-I don't get paid hols since I'm working on a casual/locum basis [sometimes good and sometimes not so!]

scrubbedexpat094 Nov 9th 2011 9:48 pm

TWO FOR THE PRICE OF ONE TONIGHT :thumbup: Doorsales only