Schools!!!

Old Mar 19th 2009, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

Wellsy is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Schools!!!

Hi ,can anybody help me with this question; We will be arriving in August with two nippers one aged 10 and the other aged 12 (almost 13) . What year/age do they go to what school ( I dont think that makes sense) I mean primary or secondary or even high school, it would be nice for them and us if they went to the same school.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Schools!!!

Hi

It seems a bit less clear cut than the UK. The school year starts in Feb till Dec. Some primary schools you leave after year 6 and then attend a middle school for 2 years and others you stay till year 8. The best option is to send an email to a school/schools in the area of NZ you're looking at with the kids, dates of birth and you should find them very helpful. It will depend on when their birthdays are within the year and I've never quite understood it. My son born in July will essentially stay in year 2 till Dec, but my daughter born in April will jump from year 4 to year 5.

You'll also find that lots of schools mix years together in the same class.

If you're looking at Wellington area, this may help:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...2C_New_Zealand
Old Mar 19th 2009, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

Wellsy is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers Moso.
Thats a really helpful site, at least I can email them now or go and visit a few once we get there .....
Thank-you for your advise.
Wellsy
Old Mar 19th 2009, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget you've got to live in the right zone (i.e. catchment area) to get into a particular school so check out www.schoolzones.co.nz for maps/details.