Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

School Xmas Concert

School Xmas Concert

Old Dec 13th 2007, 8:31 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default School Xmas Concert

Well, tonite was our first school Christmas concert New Zealand stylie.

5pm start ... sun beating down.

We take picnic, wine, beer and sit in school field. There are bouncy castles, rides, classic cars (sounds like Grease!) a stage, sausage sizzles, ice cream vans etc, etc.

Sun shines, we get slightly pickled, oh and Santa came - in a convertible!

So beats a carol concert in a church with no heating!!!

Oh and my little boy on drums!!
Attached Thumbnails School Xmas Concert-christmas-field-004.jpg   School Xmas Concert-christmas-field-007.jpg   School Xmas Concert-christmas-field-012.jpg   School Xmas Concert-aston-no1-drummer.jpg  
Old Dec 13th 2007, 8:36 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: School Xmas Concert

Don't you just love the Christmas functions here? Those photos are too cute!
Old Dec 13th 2007, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by Maz
Don't you just love the Christmas functions here? Those photos are too cute!
It was the best fun - we were with some ex-pat friends (waves at Ash1 and family amongst others!) and some kiwi ones and mother came too!

I was snapping away with my camera at Santa like I worked for Heat magazine - making out I'd never seen the fat, jolly man before - doh!!! "To send to the folks back home, look we have Santa in the sun!" Honestly he was mobbed, I thought I was at Knebworth again!
Old Dec 13th 2007, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

great pics,you must have been so proud...

kiwis make every function real family thing...but the schools really push the boat out...even the fortnightly assembly's reduce me to tears...the enthusiasm from the kids and teachers is something that we have never experienced before...they really do know how to enjoy being a family here....jacky
Old Dec 13th 2007, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by garryhg
great pics,you must have been so proud...

kiwis make every function real family thing...but the schools really push the boat out...even the fortnightly assembly's reduce me to tears...the enthusiasm from the kids and teachers is something that we have never experienced before...they really do know how to enjoy being a family here....jacky
My lickle soldier giving it the large on his drum solo did bring a tear to my eye.

And when I was tucking him in tonite he said he'll play for Robbie one day - I pointed out that the Robster probably would have thrown the towel in by the time my little man was professional!

There was much Hi-5ing and "Awesomes" from his buddies and the Ladyeees afterwards!! Not sure anyone asked for his autograph tho?

But Ash1 was accused of having been said Santa in the photos by a somewhat pickled parent later!
Old Dec 13th 2007, 6:44 pm
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

I walked past all this going on, when Gem and I were walking back from Beach, it looked brilliant, i wished mine were little again, would have felt like right gate crashers if we had come in, but i really wanted too. I love kids so much and always want to be where they are, I should have come in, shouldn't I, silly me, i would have cheered your lickle soldier on too.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 7:22 pm
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

Have just seen this school on Breakfast show, they won some computer software, they entered a homemade film about their school, and it won, a man went a presented it to a class in the school, and I'm sure I saw your lad Caroline, you'll have to ask him. If it was him, he's having a good week, live crowds, and T.v.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light

That sounds infinitely more pleasurable than 2 hours on a small chair in a stuffy school hall listening to jingle bells on the recorder.

Pass me the paracetamol :curse::curse:

Alison