school terms

Old Jul 14th 2008, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

iwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond repute
Default school terms

Hi all

We are hoping to move to NZ early next year (2009 seems so far away...but it's only 6 months! )

Does anyone know the date in February the new school term will begin?

We would like to arrive a couple of weeks before then, so the kids (& us) can get a little settled before starting school at the same time as all the other kids....hopefully that will ease them in a little easier than dumping them at school 1/2way through a term!

Also, when do we need to register our boys (age 5 & 10) at a school? How much notice does the school require? Should we register before we leave the UK or do we just 'turn up' when we arrive? Only thing is, we will be arriving during the school holidays...so who do get in touch with?

O so many questions, so little time!!

We are hoping to move to Papamoa....depending on job offer!

thanks in advance for any replies!
Old Jul 14th 2008, 9:26 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: school terms

Originally Posted by iwannagonow
Hi all

We are hoping to move to NZ early next year (2009 seems so far away...but it's only 6 months! )

Does anyone know the date in February the new school term will begin?

We would like to arrive a couple of weeks before then, so the kids (& us) can get a little settled before starting school at the same time as all the other kids....hopefully that will ease them in a little easier than dumping them at school 1/2way through a term!

Also, when do we need to register our boys (age 5 & 10) at a school? How much notice does the school require? Should we register before we leave the UK or do we just 'turn up' when we arrive? Only thing is, we will be arriving during the school holidays...so who do get in touch with?

O so many questions, so little time!!

We are hoping to move to Papamoa....depending on job offer!

thanks in advance for any replies!
Hi Cheryl,

Don't be lulled into thinking next year is ages away - it'll spring up on you in next to no time!

I can't remember off the top of my head the actual term dates, but I know we didn't give the school any notice really, but you will have to have the correct work visa to enroll them unless you want to take them to Mount Primary and pay International fees? We arrived in the school holidays and then when the school re-opened we just poodled on down and that was that. Purchased some uniform and off they went - sweet as ...!

4th February they started back this year.

I'll PM you.

Caroline

Last edited by Am Loolah; Jul 14th 2008 at 9:27 am. Reason: Put in PM!
Old Jul 14th 2008, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

iwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond repute

Well...that sounds easy enough! I don't think even I can go wrong there!
We will be getting a PR before we arrive..so I'm sure that will be OK.

No, I don't want to pay International fees, Tahatai school is the one we're most interested in at the moment

thanks, Cheryl x

Last edited by iwannagonow; Jul 14th 2008 at 9:46 am.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

nena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nice

Hi Cheryl,

I found the following link when I was looking for the same information as we are also looking to move before February next year (that is of course if we manage to sell the house ), it has the term and holiday dates for 2009

http://www.minedu.govt.nz/index.cfm?...3767#P296_7865

Hope this helps

Cheers
Old Jul 14th 2008, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nena11
Hi Cheryl,

I found the following link when I was looking for the same information as we are also looking to move before February next year (that is of course if we manage to sell the house ), it has the term and holiday dates for 2009

http://www.minedu.govt.nz/index.cfm?...3767#P296_7865

Hope this helps

Cheers

thanks a lot for that Nena, whereabouts are you heading?

good luck with selling the house, the markets pretty dire at the mo isn't it? if we don't sell, we will have to release some equity in the house & then rent it out!

Cheryl x
Old Jul 14th 2008, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

nena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nice

Not a problem, we are going to Wellington not sure where exactly in Wellington but it will be in the outskirts, what about? where are you guys heading to?

The house market is not the best, we have also thought about renting but we will see how it goes in the next couple of months

Cheers

Last edited by nena11; Jul 14th 2008 at 4:52 pm. Reason: misspelled word
Old Jul 14th 2008, 5:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hopfully we will be heading for the Bay of Plenty. Ideally I'd be working at Tauranga Hospital & we'd be living by the beautiful Papamoa Beach!

Obviously this all depends on my job offer - when it comes!!

I will be keeping everything crossed until the day we leave!!