School Fees

Old Aug 2nd 2005, 2:22 pm

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold
Question School Fees

I'm going round in circles here - so I thought I'd just stop getting myself tied in knots and ask the ones in the know - BritishExperts.com

What can I expect to pay for school fees in NZ? One lad of 15, one girl of 13, want them both to go to a co-ed school together. Are they counted as international students or not if we're on a visitors visa? I've e-mailed a couple of schools asking this but haven't had a response.

Help!
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 2:33 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: School Fees

Originally Posted by bookemjano
I'm going round in circles here - so I thought I'd just stop getting myself tied in knots and ask the ones in the know - BritishExperts.com

What can I expect to pay for school fees in NZ? One lad of 15, one girl of 13, want them both to go to a co-ed school together. Are they counted as international students or not if we're on a visitors visa? I've e-mailed a couple of schools asking this but haven't had a response.

Help!
Hi Jan

Best thing to do on this one is to pm a member called Rascal...who has kids of various ages at school in NZ...and will be able to tell you all about the costs involved!!!

Just my thoughts, but I have a funny feeling that if you are on a visitor's visa and your kids apply for students visas that you may have to pay international fees BUT DON'T TAKE MY WORD FOR THIS - It's just my personal thoughts - I'm no expert you know!!!

Last edited by Pinkie Pie; Aug 2nd 2005 at 4:41 pm.
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 2:40 pm
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Help!
I would suspect that all those without PR/citizenship would classify as international students. Thus I would predict that a vistors visa attracts international school fees. Sorry. I do wonder though whether international fees would be refunded once this came through? Bit of a long shot though admittedly if this is the case.

Just my personal opinion though based on what I have read, you may of course be told differently .

good luck.
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 2:51 pm

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

Bugger! Wonder if anyone would notice me doing Penny For A Guy a couple of months early?
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 3:02 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Bugger! Wonder if anyone would notice me doing Penny For A Guy a couple of months early?
or selling cookies at the car boot sales...
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
or selling cookies at the car boot sales...
Could try that, but I suspect the cookies won't make it to the car boot sale, I have a particular weakness for them! Might have to do some busking. It will be allright, they'll think we're the Krankees.
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 3:10 pm
Life begins...

80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Could try that, but I suspect the cookies won't make it to the car boot sale, I have a particular weakness for them! Might have to do some busking. It will be allright, they'll think we're the Krankees.
Jan you're scaring me. There was a 'real photos of us' thread on here somewhere, we demand proof!

Phyl
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by 80s Chick
Jan you're scaring me. There was a 'real photos of us' thread on here somewhere, we demand proof!

Phyl
Hee hee, I shall find a photo and post it. I'm 5', Steve's 6'. Nuff said!

On the condition that people chip in for the school fees it looks like I'm going to have to pay!
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 4:44 pm
Don't let me get me....

Jan, had another look at students and it looks like your kids will be classed as domestic students if you or your husband are holders of a work permit...see here..http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ly/default.htm.

So you might not need to go busking after all if you manage to land jobs and get work permits before applying for their student permits!!!

However, if you go on visitor's visas I still think that in order for your kids to get student permits that the international student fees will be applicable...

I would check with NZIS though just to be on the safe side...

Last edited by Pinkie Pie; Aug 2nd 2005 at 4:58 pm.
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 4:59 pm

Jan, had another look at students and it looks like your kids will be classed as domestic students if you or your husband are holders of a work permit...see here..http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ly/default.htm.

So you might not need to go busking after all if you manage to land jobs and get work permits before applying for their student permits!!!

However, if you go on visitor's visas I still think that in order for your kids to get student permits that the international student fees will be applicable...

I would check with NZIS though just to be on the safe side...
Mmm, looks that way, I'll stop looking for my tartan trewsers then.

Thanks Caroline!
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 5:33 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Help!
Fingers crossed that you dont have to pay international student fees for them because when we had an international student living with us (going back several years now too) his fees for High School were something like $8,000:scared: Hope someone else with more up to date information can help you with a more current fee!.
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute

found it for you, :scared:

Last edited by Pinkie Pie; Aug 2nd 2005 at 8:11 pm.
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by planty
found it for you, :scared:
and here's your Web site

http://www.thekrankies.cwc.net/

:scared:

Come on tell me what I'm doing wrong, why didn't that picture come up and the crab picture only came up as a thumbnail on the other thread!!!! Other people are getting big pictures up......

Last edited by planty; Aug 2nd 2005 at 8:08 pm.
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 8:10 pm
Don't let me get me....

Originally Posted by planty
and here's your Web site

http://www.thekrankies.cwc.net/

:scared:

Come on tell me what I'm doing wrong, why didn't that picture come up and the crab picture only came up as a thumbnail on the other thread!!!! Other people are getting big pictures up......
it has to be in the right format with the img brackets round it planty but even then with some pics it won't work...I've just popped it on for you while you were posting this!!!

if you open a photobucket account and load your pics onto there it is really simple to then get them on here, I mean it must be simple coz I can do it and best of all - it's free!!!

Last edited by Pinkie Pie; Aug 2nd 2005 at 8:12 pm.
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

it has to be in the right format with the img brackets round it planty but even then with some pics it won't work...I've just popped it on for you while you were posting this!!!

if you open a photobucket account and load your pics onto there it is really simple to then get them on here, I mean it must be simple coz I can do it and best of all - it's free!!!
What's a photobucket account? and where do you open it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.