Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

School for child while on holiday in NZ?

School for child while on holiday in NZ?

Old Aug 10th 2018, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

movingtonewzealand is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: School for child while on holiday in NZ?

Originally Posted by escapedtonz
6 months is also a long time for a child to be out of school in the UK. I'm sure you realise you'll be fined for taking the child out of a UK school outside of normal term times, unless of course you have received approval from the school, the education authority, the local council, the local mayor and the Queen.....maybe the Prime Minister for good measure!!!
Not my kid so not my problem so I only presume Mum has sorted that!! Anyway we've established its just 3 months they're allowed to stay at school on a visitor visa.
Old Aug 10th 2018, 2:25 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by movingtonewzealand

Also I’ve managed to find a school that fits requirements so all good.
Fantastic - makes it so much easier with one specific school to talk to
Old Aug 10th 2018, 5:45 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by escapedtonz
6 months is also a long time for a child to be out of school in the UK. I'm sure you realise you'll be fined for taking the child out of a UK school outside of normal term times, unless of course you have received approval from the school, the education authority, the local council, the local mayor and the Queen.....maybe the Prime Minister for good measure!!!
I am not sure there will be a problem. This is not taking a child out of school.This looks like a school transfer. As you have identified a school will they confirm by email which can be presented as evidence of school transfer.