This is scary

Old May 16th 2005, 9:50 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default This is scary

I've just read the KJP's post about leaving this forum and I have to say that this is a very scary place. Two moderators and a person with 9000 posts have closed off that thread because people dared to stand up for someone they felt could provide information and help to them. It has not passed me by that all three of these people are in America. Well, I know that free speech is something not favoured by the majority of Americans (your president was democratically elected this time wasn't he???) but on this side of the World people ARE allowed to express themselves even if not everyone wants to hear what they have to say. I'm with KJP. There are some nice people on here but there's other sites that are far nicer for people going to NZ and maybe I'll see you there.
Old May 16th 2005, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to all
Default Re: This is scary

Originally Posted by Batty
I've just read the KJP's post about leaving this forum and I have to say that this is a very scary place. Two moderators and a person with 9000 posts have closed off that thread because people dared to stand up for someone they felt could provide information and help to them. It has not passed me by that all three of these people are in America. Well, I know that free speech is something not favoured by the majority of Americans (your president was democratically elected this time wasn't he???) but on this side of the World people ARE allowed to express themselves even if not everyone wants to hear what they have to say. I'm with KJP. There are some nice people on here but there's other sites that are far nicer for people going to NZ and maybe I'll see you there.
Which post have you just read?? Things did get a little out of hand on hre the other night - didn't see it myself - and the next day there was a very horrible thread - which was quickly put a stopto - the rest of the threads are fine though now and things seem to have calmed down. Don't let a few people ruin it for you - most on here are fine, and those that aren't will slowly weed themselves out. Give the others a chance to show you that there are some nice folk on here. Can't see any posts from KJP on here that you have just read??? Keep smling
Old May 16th 2005, 9:57 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunshine_and_rain
Which post have you just read?? Things did get a little out of hand on hre the other night - didn't see it myself - and the next day there was a very horrible thread - which was quickly put a stopto - the rest of the threads are fine though now and things seem to have calmed down. Don't let a few people ruin it for you - most on here are fine, and those that aren't will slowly weed themselves out. Give the others a chance to show you that there are some nice folk on here. Can't see any posts from KJP on here that you have just read??? Keep smling
Read so long and thanks for the fish!
Old May 16th 2005, 10:08 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

1. If you read all of the thread you will see that I closed it to stop the nasty comments.
2. I'm British and so were all the other people you mentioned.
3. As per our forum rules "The administrators and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit." http://britishexpats.com/forum/faq.p...q_new_faq_item
4. Yes there are plenty of nice sites on the internet and this one is nice too

Sue

Old May 16th 2005, 10:11 pm
Account Closed

Sega Mad is an unknown quantity at this point

It is most lamentable that Kiwijet has stopped posting. We hope that he will make a comeback. (he doesn't appear to have unsubscribed yet. )

We shall have to wait and see. The majority on here seem okay. So we must preserve the peace.

Fergus McAlistair VII
Old May 16th 2005, 10:21 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sega Mad
It is most lamentable that Kiwijet has stopped posting. We hope that he will make a comeback. (he doesn't appear to have unsubscribed yet. )

We shall have to wait and see. The majority on here seem okay. So we must preserve the peace.

Fergus McAlistair VII

Hi just thought I'd pop in and say hi
Old May 16th 2005, 10:23 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fairydust
Hi just thought I'd pop in and say hi
Hi me too
Old May 16th 2005, 10:34 pm
enilorac

Originally Posted by Ransi
Hi me too
Me three!!!
<<<Who said that - don't know - looked like Caroline but she was in and out so quick nobody got a good look at her>>>>

Last edited by enilorac; May 16th 2005 at 10:36 pm.

Old May 16th 2005, 11:08 pm
Franklin

Me FOUR

Old May 16th 2005, 11:18 pm
enilorac

Originally Posted by Franklin
Me FOUR
Ooh is this a game...we love games don't we Biddy....

Me Five

Old May 17th 2005, 12:38 am
Franklin

Originally Posted by enilorac
Ooh is this a game...we love games don't we Biddy....

Me Five
This is a thought ... how about counting up using pictures of things around NZ ... bit like that thread on the lounge (link below), but with a NZ theme.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=299869

Old May 17th 2005, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biddy
Read so long and thanks for the fish!
Biddy, I missed it all, what went off?
PM me pls
KAZ