Scarey news.

Old Nov 19th 2012, 1:35 am
Just Joined

Mrs2spoons is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Scarey news.

Hi,
Today I was given the news that I have breast cancer.
I'm feeling very frightened and also isolated, missing my family especially my mum. My husband is very supportive but I worry how it will affect him.
Has anyone else here experienced a serious illness and how has it affected you being in New Zealand?
Hope to hear from someone soon...
Old Nov 19th 2012, 4:58 am

waikatoguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Scarey news.

I can't really offer anything in the way of support because a) I'm a man and b) I'm not an expat. Except all I can say is that I know 2 people who got breat cancer at the same time 20 years ago, one aggressively (it was in the lymph nodes), and both are still around today. Even then, treatments have improved markedly since then, from what I understand.
All the best for what lays ahead for you in the way of treatment etc. I can understand how you feel isolated being so far away from family.
Old Nov 19th 2012, 5:09 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mrs2spoons
Hi,
Today I was given the news that I have breast cancer.
I'm feeling very frightened and also isolated, missing my family especially my mum. My husband is very supportive but I worry how it will affect him.
Has anyone else here experienced a serious illness and how has it affected you being in New Zealand?
Hope to hear from someone soon...
Oh so sorry to hear of your news ((hug)) it must be very scary for you.
Old Nov 19th 2012, 5:13 am
Who loves you, baby?

sparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond repute

let me add my best wishes for your treatment. I'm sure we all wish you well and fingers crossed for your future
Old Nov 19th 2012, 5:16 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Big mega stinky poo. I am so very sorry to read this and am not at all surprised you want your Mum , family & all those who you love and who love you much closer to you right now. I would too.

Any chance of any of them coming out at all at some point or you making a quick return trip back to spend some time before treatment kicks in ?

Hopefully your husband has some friends to help support and , of course, maybe his own family to chat with. If not, he is welcome to come onto here .

Have a big cyber {{ hug}} from me. I'm not your Mum. Rather hope I'm not old enough to be honest but any hug is a good hug at horrid times like these.
Old Nov 19th 2012, 6:47 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

{hugs} from me too. Good luck with the treatment. Look after yourself.
Old Nov 19th 2012, 7:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

That's awful news Mrs2Spoons, I hope you can find strength and get all the treatment and support you need.
Old Nov 19th 2012, 7:12 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

how awful for you both. May your treatment be quick and affective and you find a good support system to aid you through this
Old Nov 19th 2012, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

faye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to all

Hi Mrs2spoons, I'm so sorry to hear your news.

I work for the NZ Breast Cancer Foundation; if you need any information or have any questions we have some great ladies who are on the end of the phone and can talk you through anything you need to know. You can call them on 09 304 0766.

I wish you all the best with your treatment and hope you and your husband get all the support you need at this difficult time.
Old Nov 19th 2012, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking of you and wishing you the strength to tackle this
Old Nov 19th 2012, 8:02 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

having been affected by Cancer, previously, I wish you all the best.
Old Nov 19th 2012, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

Padycosforbos is just really nicePadycosforbos is just really nicePadycosforbos is just really nicePadycosforbos is just really nicePadycosforbos is just really nicePadycosforbos is just really nicePadycosforbos is just really nicePadycosforbos is just really nice

So sorry to hear this - you must be terrified, news like this is bad enough when surrounded by family and friends, but to be so far away from home... I am pleased you have a super supportive hubby Fingers crossed, and our thoughts and prayers are with you. xx
Old Nov 19th 2012, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

Very sad news.

I wish you a full and speedy recovery.
Old Nov 19th 2012, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

Mrs2spoons is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
Thank you all for the kind messages.
Im going to do everything I can to beat it!
I have found healthcare over here really good so far.
Just got wait to see what happens next...
Lorrie x
Old Nov 19th 2012, 7:08 pm
Movin on

skends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to behold

Sorry to hear your news, and good luck with your treatment. A positive attitude and outlook like you seem to have will go far. Although i cant comment on NZ healthcare, as im not there yet, I work with several Consultant surgeons and anaesthetists who have commented on the excellent and first class healthcare system in NZ.
I wish you all the best.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.