Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

scared and excited

scared and excited

Old Sep 24th 2009, 2:30 am
BE Enthusiast

bevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond repute
Default scared and excited

Hi all, well its 3.30 am and I can't sleep We move out of our house today ready for the new tenants to move in. We have 10 days with my mother-in-law then we fly out to Auckland. I can't believe its finally happening and am now dreading the goodbyes. Neighbours came round last night to say goodbye and we are now catching up with friends for the last time Don't know how I will cope with people living in my home, or seeing my parents cry when we see them for the last time. I can't even think about how my OH will be when he says goodbye to his older 2 children They aren't mine but I am nearly crying when we see them now!!! Even the thought of driving out of Norwich is making feel sick. I know once we get to Heathrow I'll be excited again but oh dear.... I obviously need to get some sleep. Just wanted to get that off my chest. Bevissa
Old Sep 24th 2009, 3:00 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: scared and excited

Originally Posted by bevissa65
Hi all, well its 3.30 am and I can't sleep We move out of our house today ready for the new tenants to move in. We have 10 days with my mother-in-law then we fly out to Auckland. I can't believe its finally happening and am now dreading the goodbyes. Neighbours came round last night to say goodbye and we are now catching up with friends for the last time Don't know how I will cope with people living in my home, or seeing my parents cry when we see them for the last time. I can't even think about how my OH will be when he says goodbye to his older 2 children They aren't mine but I am nearly crying when we see them now!!! Even the thought of driving out of Norwich is making feel sick. I know once we get to Heathrow I'll be excited again but oh dear.... I obviously need to get some sleep. Just wanted to get that off my chest. Bevissa
Awww Bevissa,

It's all perfectly natural. It's a classic case of the last minute jitters! You will get through these last 10 days - and it will be so hard. But the excitement and anticipation will return.

Best of luck to you. Have some pre-move jitters karma.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

bevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Awww Bevissa,

It's all perfectly natural. It's a classic case of the last minute jitters! You will get through these last 10 days - and it will be so hard. But the excitement and anticipation will return.

Best of luck to you. Have some pre-move jitters karma.
Thank you for the karma, it's not helping me sleep yet tho Bevissa
Old Sep 24th 2009, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bevissa

The last few days in the UK are definitely the worst. For me they seemed to really drag and saying goodbye to everyone was horrible. Everyone kept phoning and asking to see us. To be honest it was such a relief to get into the taxi to go to Heathrow.

We are now here in Wellington We had a fab 3 days in LA, where we took the kids to Disneyland. They had the time of their lives, it was hot and sunny and we loved it.

We arrived here yesterday morning, into rain in Auckland which was a bit of a shock after LA, fortunately we flew onto Wellington where is was bright sunshine which is always good on the first day.

Today, however, it has chucked it down all day! We have, however seen four schools and checked out the local shops etc. Now we just need to find a rental in the correct school zone, buy a car, buy a sim card, get over the jetlag and oh yes, find a job...

Good luck getting through the next few days, it's a case of grin and bear it to be honest. It's much easier once you're here in NZ and you can get on with it.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 9:12 am
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MOSO
Hi Bevissa

The last few days in the UK are definitely the worst. For me they seemed to really drag and saying goodbye to everyone was horrible. Everyone kept phoning and asking to see us. To be honest it was such a relief to get into the taxi to go to Heathrow.

We are now here in Wellington We had a fab 3 days in LA, where we took the kids to Disneyland. They had the time of their lives, it was hot and sunny and we loved it.

We arrived here yesterday morning, into rain in Auckland which was a bit of a shock after LA, fortunately we flew onto Wellington where is was bright sunshine which is always good on the first day.

Today, however, it has chucked it down all day! We have, however seen four schools and checked out the local shops etc. Now we just need to find a rental in the correct school zone, buy a car, buy a sim card, get over the jetlag and oh yes, find a job...

Good luck getting through the next few days, it's a case of grin and bear it to be honest. It's much easier once you're here in NZ and you can get on with it.
Bev I cannot even begin to imagine how your are feeling, I have just read your thread and it has made me cry.......... what a sap I am, made me think of our families though as will be in the same situation as you, people moving in our house, living with the in-laws until we go and it hit home with me. I wish I had words of comfort or wisdom for you, but all I can say is that we wish you all the luck in the world and a sfe trip, will say that again before you go though I am sure, lol anyway I am off for a coffee before I hit the gym hope you have a better night tonight. Embrace what days you have left with the ones that you love before the hard work begins, haha.

Love and hugs tina.x
Old Sep 24th 2009, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Tomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking of you Bevissa. I hope the next few days go smoothly. It's a difficult time for sure, all those goodbyes are emotionally exhausting for sure, and the last minute anxieties about leaving behind all the safe & familiar places & routines. It's a stressful, but hopefully exciting time.

Not long now though and you'll be here, in nice time for the NZ summer, and all set to go on your new life
Old Sep 24th 2009, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute

Hi darling,

Really feeling it for you. My goodbyes are a month away yet and I am dreading it. Everywhere I go, I wonder if it will be the last time, so weird. I started tearing up, saying goodbye to someone I work with (only occasionally). I knew it would be the last time I see her, but she didn't realise. She must have thought I had lost the plot.

Just want you to know that I am thinking about you. Can offer no real words of wisdom because you just have to get through it, taking one day at a time....oh yes...maybe carry tissues with you, everywhere you go Oh and don't start crying when you see the dustbin men empty the last bin

Take care babe and keep in touch
Love
Maria
xx
Old Sep 24th 2009, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks everyone, now I am crying!!!! know what we are doing is the best thing for us as a family but it doesn't make it easier!! Still, the house is the cleanest its ever been ready for us to leave it The new tenants are lovely and will take great care of our house, a new job and life await, I can spend lots of dosh getting a new house made into a home (if we have any with the state of the $) and it will soon be summer there, so its not all bad I'm sure I will post again with more tears before we fly but thanks for your kind words. Bevissa xx
Old Sep 24th 2009, 10:33 am
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks everyone, now I am crying!!!! know what we are doing is the best thing for us as a family but it doesn't make it easier!! Still, the house is the cleanest its ever been ready for us to leave it The new tenants are lovely and will take great care of our house, a new job and life await, I can spend lots of dosh getting a new house made into a home (if we have any with the state of the $) and it will soon be summer there, so its not all bad I'm sure I will post again with more tears before we fly but thanks for your kind words. Bevissa xx
x x x x
Old Sep 24th 2009, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

xxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nice

Hi to you,

Wow how pleased you must be that it's now becoming a reality...good luck with the new life wish you every happiness, thanks to you for help in previous postings and PM's your a star!!!

Best wishes
xxElainexx
Old Sep 24th 2009, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

Cadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant future

Bet you'll soon be posting about your great new life in Auckland! Whereabouts are you planning to settle?

Good luck with the next week or so and your flight - hope you're not too sad when you finally fly out.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

Pinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nice

Me too - three weeks today we'll be belted in about to take off

The thought of saying goodbye to my Mum, Dad and brother is awful, but it pales in comparison to having to drop my dogs off at Airpets on the way to Heathrow

I will be a quivering wreck by check-in time. I plan to hold it together until we're through security, and then drink myself into oblivion until Hong Kong

We have a week in Auckland, then on to Invercargill - as far away from home as you can get without travelling on to McMurdo

My parents have reacted very badly to us emigrating , so I have guilt, too. I will be using up about six years of emotions in about a month.

Big love to all of us who are risking so much in pursuit of our dreams xxx
Old Sep 24th 2009, 10:16 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Ohhh how I feel for you all.....guess we all know we're going to feel wretched saying those 'goodbyes' to family and friends, going to everyday places for the last time... but knowing its going to be awful doesn't help it to go away!!!

As others have said.... I guess its something we have to go through to move on to the next phase .... good luck and safe journeys to you all!!
looking forward to all the 'We've arrived!!' posts
lol B x
Old Sep 25th 2009, 9:49 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

((((hug)))) cant begin to imagine how you feel, thank you for posting really brings it all home about how tough its going to be. The best of luck to you and getting through this really difficult bit

Dewb xx
Old Sep 25th 2009, 9:53 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pinkkat75
Me too - three weeks today we'll be belted in about to take off

The thought of saying goodbye to my Mum, Dad and brother is awful, but it pales in comparison to having to drop my dogs off at Airpets on the way to Heathrow

I will be a quivering wreck by check-in time. I plan to hold it together until we're through security, and then drink myself into oblivion until Hong Kong

We have a week in Auckland, then on to Invercargill - as far away from home as you can get without travelling on to McMurdo

My parents have reacted very badly to us emigrating , so I have guilt, too. I will be using up about six years of emotions in about a month.

Big love to all of us who are risking so much in pursuit of our dreams xxx

Aww tough time for you too
you have to chase your dream, good luck to you and hope your plans make it all worth while

Dewb

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.