View Poll Results: What to do about animal hurting people?
Full eye for an eye (*Shakes box of matches*)
66.67%
Life for a life but quick and humane (So waste electricity)
0%
The cane (Never did me any harm, look at Singapore etc.)
5.56%
All of the above in another order (If you are going to make an example...)
22.22%
Imprisonment (The New Zealand variety, not American bum stretching)
5.56%
Counselling/Community service (He is just a very naughty boy)
0%
I need an option that looks severe but isn't a knee jerk reaction (I'm a fence sitter)
0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Scales of Hate 2

Old Jul 6th 2011, 2:34 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Scales of Hate 2

A Te Awamutu man has been jailed for 18 months after beating and burning a kitten in front of his five-year-old granddaughter.

Shane Karekare, 46, appeared in the Te Awamutu District Court yesterday on one charge of wilfully ill-treating an animal.

Karekare - who has a history of violent offending - was also disqualified from owning an animal for 10 years.

Judge David Ruth said what Karekare did to the 12-week-old kitten was the most cruel act he could imagine.

The fact he did it in front of his five-year-old granddaughter made it even more disgusting, he said.

In January this year Karekare returned home after a few drinks. When the kitten ran out and got in his way, he picked it up and threw it down on a concrete path.

Despite cries from his daughter and granddaughter to stop, he then kicked the kitten in the head before picking it up and taking it to an incinerator in the backyard.

He threw it in, chucked some cardboard on top and lit it - killing the kitten.

During sentencing, Judge Ruth made mention of a sentence in the Te Kuiti District Court just last week where a man was sent to jail for 18 months after beating a pup to death with a golf club.
Linky: http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crim...-for-18-months

Again I appear to your better nature for the only rational justice, eye-for-an-eye punishment…we beat him and then incinerate him. Surely this time it’s clear cut, he is a repeat offender so clearly rehabilitation hasn’t worked and we have no reason to suspect imprisonment will change his behavior either.
Old Jul 6th 2011, 2:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scales of Hate 2

Originally Posted by Charismatic

Again I appear to your better nature for the only rational justice, eye-for-an-eye punishment…we beat him and then incinerate him. Surely this time it’s clear cut, he is a repeat offender so clearly rehabilitation hasn’t worked and we have no reason to suspect imprisonment will change his behavior either.
Yes I will go along with that idea.
Old Jul 6th 2011, 4:07 am
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
Yes I will go along with that idea.
id send him to a wildlife park with fully grown lions or tigers and throw him in the cage and see how he lasts.

People like that are lower than scum
Old Jul 6th 2011, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

old dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud ofold dragon has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Charismatic

Absolutely agree. If he can do it to an animal he's got no empathy and would probably have no problem doing it to a weaker human being if he thought he could get a way with it.

Prison costs too much for violent people who are beyond re-habilitation - I would rather dispose of them and spend the money saved on free healthcare and dentistry for everyone else.
Old Jul 6th 2011, 10:21 am
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alanmacc
id send him to a wildlife park with fully grown lions or tigers and throw him in the cage and see how he lasts.

People like that are lower than scum
I second that, but if that's not an option then I'd go for an eye for an eye.