Saying Goodbye

Old Feb 18th 2008, 6:11 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Saying Goodbye

Wow.... the last 6 weeks has gone soooooooo quick!!

It only seems a few days ago that my mum and dad arrived and now they have been and gone. They couldn't believe how quickly the time went either.

They will hopefully be very close to getting home now... I'm looking forward to getting a phone call from them soon to tell me they are home OK.

I didn't cry as much this time. I was a bit teary Saturday evening .... but I held it together Sunday morning as we all said goodbye. I had a quick tear straight afterwards but not too bad... the first time they left I think I cried near enough non stop all day.

Talking to friends this afternoon about it.... they asked if it makes me want to move back to England... my answer was a quick and definate NO but of course its hard knowing that they don't get to see their only grandchildren on a regular basis.

The point to this post.... absolutely no point at all.... just wondered how everybody else copes when its time to say goodbye..... not my favourite thing to do! Good luck to everyone who has got goodbyes coming up.

SarahB x
Old Feb 18th 2008, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saying Goodbye

Originally Posted by SarahB
Wow.... the last 6 weeks has gone soooooooo quick!!

It only seems a few days ago that my mum and dad arrived and now they have been and gone. They couldn't believe how quickly the time went either.

They will hopefully be very close to getting home now... I'm looking forward to getting a phone call from them soon to tell me they are home OK.

I didn't cry as much this time. I was a bit teary Saturday evening .... but I held it together Sunday morning as we all said goodbye. I had a quick tear straight afterwards but not too bad... the first time they left I think I cried near enough non stop all day.

Talking to friends this afternoon about it.... they asked if it makes me want to move back to England... my answer was a quick and definate NO but of course its hard knowing that they don't get to see their only grandchildren on a regular basis.

The point to this post.... absolutely no point at all.... just wondered how everybody else copes when its time to say goodbye..... not my favourite thing to do! Good luck to everyone who has got goodbyes coming up.

SarahB x
Hi Sarah,
Glad you had a good visit from your mum and dad. As for goodbyes. No one wants to come over so ive not been in that situation. Makes me sad that they dont want to come.

Carole
Old Feb 18th 2008, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default You say goodbye and I say hello, hello, hello........

Hi SarahB

Far from a pointless post as I have to say goodbye to my old boiler in just under a month, but man have we had a blast since she has been over.

Don't know how I will feel at the goodbye time, but good news, the old bat loves it so much she is already talking about coming over next year!

NG
Old Feb 18th 2008, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

saveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to behold

I always feel sad reading posts like yours as they make me think about farewells to my mum and dad.

I always felt a little guilty that I split the family up when I decided to go to OZ, especially as my brothers followed me one by one, leaving mum and dad in an empty house.

When they made their first visit to Sydney a couple of years later they were overcome at the way we were so pleased to see them.

When they arrive it's like Christmas & your birthday combined and when they go it's like Christmas has been cancelled.

My parents have both passed away now but I think they were pleased to have had the chance to see another part of the world.

Dave
Old Feb 18th 2008, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: You say goodbye and I say hello, hello, hello........

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
goodbye to my old boiler in just under a month,
NG
OMG! I'm so gonna tell on ya
Old Feb 18th 2008, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

My parents specially liked Maraetai beach and I was there this afternoon and it was a bit upsetting, I imagined seeing them sitting there enjoying the view on their fold up deckchairs, but they weren't there this time and it made me feel sad.

My brother just rang to say its thick fog there at the moment so they arnt home just yet but hes going to text me when they arrive.

I enjoy having them here but boy its horrible saying goodbye.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by saveme
My parents have both passed away now but I think they were pleased to have had the chance to see another part of the world.

Dave
Yes, my parents would never have visited New Zealand in a million years if I wasn't here. They like it here but say they are too old now to move here. They are happy to have had the chance to visit somewhere else... they dont go away very often.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

hjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Sarah,
Well my parents are here at the moment visiting they have two weeks to go,and its starting to hit me that when they go i wont see them for a very long time,but i do count myself very lucky as i know alot of people dont get to see family as they cant or wont visit.

Helen x
Old Feb 18th 2008, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by hjmilligan
Hi Sarah,
Well my parents are here at the moment visiting they have two weeks to go,and its starting to hit me that when they go i wont see them for a very long time,but i do count myself very lucky as i know alot of people dont get to see family as they cant or wont visit.

Helen x
Hi Helen....... yes, Im very pleased they made the trip out to see us. I have the OutLaws coming to stay at the end of this year or start of 2009.... not sure if Im looking forward to that or not!! lol

Its that last week.... it just goes so quick, and you count down the days and then the hours.... oh dear, I dont want to make you sad. I hope you have a great time with your parents over the next couple of weeks..... is it their first visit and do they like it here?
Old Feb 18th 2008, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

PVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of light

Mine go back tomorrow night!!

While it is sad that the boys will not see thier grandparents again for a long time at least they have got to see them.

THey have also said they are too old to move here although they much prefer NZ to the UK
Old Feb 18th 2008, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by PVFC
Mine go back tomorrow night!!

While it is sad that the boys will not see thier grandparents again for a long time at least they have got to see them.

THey have also said they are too old to move here although they much prefer NZ to the UK
Good luck for tomorrow!

My parents are in their mid 70's and just wouldnt want to move now. They too prefer it here.... they specially like this area and say we are lucky to live here.

Mum and dad have just rung, they are home safely! Its thick fog there and the car they were in said it was minus 4 outside temperature. They are both OK and glad to be home after a 40 hour journey!
Old Feb 18th 2008, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahB
Good luck for tomorrow!

My parents are in their mid 70's and just wouldnt want to move now. They too prefer it here.... they specially like this area and say we are lucky to live here.

Mum and dad have just rung, they are home safely! Its thick fog there and the car they were in said it was minus 4 outside temperature. They are both OK and glad to be home after a 40 hour journey!
We are also in our 70's and we are here at the moment visiting our daughter & family. My son came to see them for 3 weeks in January he had strict instructions not to like too much because as much as we love it here we do not want live here permanently. The good byes are going to be hard again in a few weeks time.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You say goodbye and I say hello, hello, hello........

Originally Posted by owen
OMG! I'm so gonna tell on ya
Hehehehehehe..............I will deny all knowledge, m'laud!
Old Feb 18th 2008, 7:34 pm
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

I was back in the Uk in October, saying goodbye wasn't too bad as both my parents were coming out for Easter and I knew it wouldn't be too far off. They were both so excited about coming and seeing the kids. Dad wanted to get on the golf course as soon as he arrived. Then a few weeks ago my dad died. I had to go home for the funeral which was a nightmare as he died in Portugal on a golfing holiday with friends. So when I said goodbye to my mum this time it was very different knowing she is on her own. She is still coming at Easter but without Dad it wont be the same
Make the most of visits from anyone from the Uk, its hard saying goodbye but at least you had that wonderful time together which is very special...
Old Feb 18th 2008, 7:43 pm
The Wicked One

spid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud of

Lord I'm hoping the father and wicked stepmother wil find it far too far away and won't come! DOn't think I could put up with them for more than a couple of days - I'd just have to send them off sight seeing!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.