Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Saving Money in NZ

Saving Money in NZ

Old Aug 16th 2007, 4:31 am
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute
Default Saving Money in NZ

I was watching TV last night and they were talking about how you can save money in NZ. They gave ideas of how you can make cheaper cleaning products etc and you can sign up to a FREE email which gives you ideas (tips) of how to save money. I know that we are all on a tight budget and I thought if you had not seen the prgramme it may be of interest to you.

http://www.simplesavings.co.nz/

May be worth having a look at
Old Aug 16th 2007, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saving Money in NZ

Originally Posted by nero
I was watching TV last night and they were talking about how you can save money in NZ. They gave ideas of how you can make cheaper cleaning products etc and you can sign up to a FREE email which gives you ideas (tips) of how to save money. I know that we are all on a tight budget and I thought if you had not seen the prgramme it may be of interest to you.

http://www.simplesavings.co.nz/

May be worth having a look at
Hmmm, start by paying us $47 a year for the privilege!!!!

Try this 1, been around for ages, UK, but just the same (& it's free)

http://www.frugal.org.uk/
Old Aug 16th 2007, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickey_d

Thanks Mickey_d. I did think the subscription was steep but their free email actually was quite useful and FREE. So I was going to stick with that. But I will also look at the other website.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 1:05 pm
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickey_d

And also, moneysavingexpert.com. UK based too though, but useful insights. Absolutely excellent.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

brandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by nero
Thanks Mickey_d. I did think the subscription was steep but their free email actually was quite useful and FREE. So I was going to stick with that. But I will also look at the other website.
What do you get with the 'free email' that doesnt come with Gmail or Hotmail etc?
Old Aug 16th 2007, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

spoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nice

Originally Posted by brandn
What do you get with the 'free email' that doesnt come with Gmail or Hotmail etc?
I expect its an actual email as opposed to an email account
Old Aug 16th 2007, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

brandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by spoonguy
I expect its an actual email as opposed to an email account
what do you mean? broadband?
Old Aug 16th 2007, 4:37 pm
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brandn
what do you mean? broadband?
NO! What the OP means by a free email is a newsletter that is emailed to the email account you register at the site with. Heaps of sites offer to send you out these newsletters, usually as a means to promote products and services offered at a price by themselves or their sponsor who advertise on their website.

Some sites will collect and on sell your email address to companies. So caution is advisable. If in doubt check their privacy policy. If they don't display a privacy policy link then don't give them ANY information!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

Thumbs down Re: Saving Money in NZ

Originally Posted by kiwi_child
NO! What the OP means by a free email is a newsletter that is emailed to the email account you register at the site with. Heaps of sites offer to send you out these newsletters, usually as a means to promote products and services offered at a price by themselves or their sponsor who advertise on their website.

Some sites will collect and on sell your email address to companies. So caution is advisable. If in doubt check their privacy policy. If they don't display a privacy policy link then don't give them ANY information!
Aha....i see......free spam! Great!
Old Aug 17th 2007, 5:27 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Talking of saving money-has ANY Brit on this site had the sense not to put all their money into a mortgage that cripples them?

We fell for it-wouldn't swap it though. We'll just try to earn more!
Old Aug 17th 2007, 11:35 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone had problems with the simple savings site freezing their machine?? Or is it just my 'magic' touch??
Old Aug 18th 2007, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Anyone had problems with the simple savings site freezing their machine?? Or is it just my 'magic' touch??
Hi Kev&Sarah - we don't seem to experience any problems with the site. I know that isn't probably very helpful to you :-(