sat nav

Old Jan 31st 2008, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

jjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud of
Default sat nav

Hi
Does anybody know if you can down load maps for nz onto tom tom's or she'll get serverely lost.

j.j.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:54 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sat nav

Hi. Think I remember reading somewhere that TomTom was now available in NZ so I guess yes, you'd be able to download the NZ maps of the website. It really isn't that difficult to get around though. Lots of very very long straight roads. City centres tend to be in blocks, well Cch is anyway. Everything seems well signposted.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:02 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

I can see how SatNav would be useful in Auckland. That sprawling place can be a challenge to get around.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:31 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happynz
I can see how SatNav would be useful in Auckland. That sprawling place can be a challenge to get around.
indeed and the road signage is not as clear as the UK, quite a bit like the US with junctions marked ahead on motorways/highways. I have free maps for Garmin Sat Nav that are OK but not sure about TomTom, no doubt they will charge plenty of $$$s
Old Feb 1st 2008, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

dave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jjthefridge
Hi
Does anybody know if you can down load maps for nz onto tom tom's or she'll get serverely lost.

j.j.

what model do you have? i have a lot of stuff for tom tom maps and software i can not uploaded these if you know what i mean
Old Feb 1st 2008, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

gazzer15 is a jewel in the roughgazzer15 is a jewel in the roughgazzer15 is a jewel in the roughgazzer15 is a jewel in the roughgazzer15 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by jjthefridge
Hi

j.j.
Yes, you can definately download NZ maps from Tom Tom Home, Ive just done mine in preparation for coming to NZ in April. The cost was £59 and easy to do. It takes about 24-36 hrs to actually show up in Tom Tom Home once you have paid the dosh.

Good luck!
Old Feb 1st 2008, 9:46 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gazzer15
Yes, you can definately download NZ maps from Tom Tom Home, Ive just done mine in preparation for coming to NZ in April. The cost was £59 and easy to do. It takes about 24-36 hrs to actually show up in Tom Tom Home once you have paid the dosh.

Good luck!
sounds better value than the Garmin paid-for maps........should've got one of those