Santa Parade

Old Nov 8th 2007, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

CCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud of
Smile Santa Parade

Has anyone been to the Santa Parade in Auckland? We hadn't been here very long last Christmas and although I saw the ads for it in the paper, I didn't realise it was a big event. Might give it a whirl this year. We have one locally in Howick. Does this happen all over NZ? Howick also has a one off night when all the shops are open till 12 midnight, many have discounts for the night. There's entertainment and the Christmas lights get switched on on a huge tree at the top of a hill. Christmas is definitely different here, I think its great , not sure if I'll ever get used to it being in the summer though. Carol
Old Nov 8th 2007, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Santa Parade

Originally Posted by CCGM.IN.NZ
Has anyone been to the Santa Parade in Auckland? We hadn't been here very long last Christmas and although I saw the ads for it in the paper, I didn't realise it was a big event. Might give it a whirl this year. We have one locally in Howick. Does this happen all over NZ? Howick also has a one off night when all the shops are open till 12 midnight, many have discounts for the night. There's entertainment and the Christmas lights get switched on on a huge tree at the top of a hill. Christmas is definitely different here, I think its great , not sure if I'll ever get used to it being in the summer though. Carol
I took the kids last year, didn't think much to it to be honest, it wasn't very Christmassy. It was just a good company advertising outlet really.

Went to another smaller parade in Takapuna & enjoyed that, a lot better & the Smales Farm Christmas Light & Laser Show in Takapuna is a must, good night out.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

minky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really nice

We went into Auckland last year to visit Sky Tower with sons friend over from England not a good idea as they shut quite a few of the roads off.What we saw of it were different floats and marching bands.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

CCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mickey_d
Smales Farm Christmas Light & Laser Show in Takapuna is a must, good night out.
Sounds good, maybe worth a trip out, thanks Mickey
Old Nov 8th 2007, 11:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CCGM.IN.NZ
Sounds good, maybe worth a trip out, thanks Mickey
http://www.tourismnorthshore.org.nz/id/9939/event/
Old Nov 9th 2007, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by minky
We went into Auckland last year to visit Sky Tower with sons friend over from England not a good idea as they shut quite a few of the roads off.What we saw of it were different floats and marching bands.
Cheers Minky. Probably take a trip over on the ferry, less stressful than driving in the city
Old Nov 9th 2007, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

thanks for that