Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Sanity points check required

Sanity points check required

Old Feb 11th 2013, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

Chippy Giles is just really niceChippy Giles is just really niceChippy Giles is just really niceChippy Giles is just really niceChippy Giles is just really niceChippy Giles is just really niceChippy Giles is just really niceChippy Giles is just really nice
Default Sanity points check required

Well carpenter didn't go on the new lists but I was reading the discussion on this thread
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=784552

And if I read it correctly we could still put in an EOI and possibly get residency without having a skill on either of the lists?

Please could someone have a look at my points calculations and see if they look right.
Age 39 today! so 25 pts
Bonus points - partner has a skilled job - primary teacher with NZ registration (possibly lapsed now) 20 pts
Work exp 4 years provable so 15 pts
Qualifactions BSc (Hons) Chemistry this is 50 pts but have NVQ3 in carpentry i think this is assessed at level 4 which is 40 pts
Bonus points for qualifications
OH has BSc Marine Biology as well as PGCE so level 7 and 20 pts

So i make this 110 or 120 pts??

I assume this isn't going to be enough to get pulled out of the pool without a job offer??

Last edited by Chippy Giles; Feb 11th 2013 at 11:11 pm.
Old Feb 11th 2013, 10:07 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sanity points check required

the link you put on isn't working for me so can't comment on it.

have you tried with your partner being the prime applicant and you as the family member? does that give you more points?
Old Feb 11th 2013, 10:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan

have you tried with your partner being the prime applicant and you as the family member? does that give you more points?
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=784552
Old Feb 11th 2013, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

Chippy Giles is just really niceChippy Giles is just really niceChippy Giles is just really niceChippy Giles is just really niceChippy Giles is just really niceChippy Giles is just really niceChippy Giles is just really niceChippy Giles is just really nice

Originally Posted by MrsFychan

Sorry fixed the link,
Tried working it the other way comes out at 120 pts as we loose pts on age and years work exp but OH doesn't want to work full time as we've got twins who take up a fair bit of time..

Is there any point me doing an EOI with this number of points - I'm confused and I really can't get my head around it all now - my occupation is on the Canterbury list so if i got my self a job there on a temporary work visa would I then be able to do an EOI with 160 points and apply for PR or would I be stuck with one company like the HGV drivers who are dependant on getting their work visa's renewed????

Last edited by Chippy Giles; Feb 11th 2013 at 11:22 pm. Reason: Its 00:21 am and i've been looking at the NZIS website all night!
Old Feb 12th 2013, 12:31 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

No. You wouldn't be stuck . You'd work for the NZ employer whilst on the
temp work visa. Then, you would apply for residency. Once you gained that you would be free to work for whoever you like.
The difference between a carpenter and a truck driver is that carpentry is listed as a skilled occupation , truck driving is not.

At the moment it seems having that job offer is all important.