Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Samuel Marsden School - Whitby

Samuel Marsden School - Whitby

Old May 18th 2011, 1:22 am
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute
Default Samuel Marsden School - Whitby

Samuel Marsden School in Whitby has open days this Fri/Sat, thought I'd pop along for a nosy and to make a comparison to the state schools in the area.

Does anyone have any info about their reputation or experience with the school?
Old May 18th 2011, 2:55 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Samuel Marsden School - Whitby

Originally Posted by MOSO
Samuel Marsden School in Whitby has open days this Fri/Sat, thought I'd pop along for a nosy and to make a comparison to the state schools in the area.

Does anyone have any info about their reputation or experience with the school?
I know that the Samuel Marsden School in Whitby is a bit of a satellitte for the main School in Karori, so there is a bit of too and fro'ing between them. They have a very good reputation although the fees are very high...
Old May 19th 2011, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt it would have too much trouble competing with the local state schools
Old May 20th 2011, 2:13 am
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute

I agree Browner but you never know. Back in 2008 we looked a private school in Wellington and came away with the thought "we're never sending our kids there"!

Anyway, the 2 teenage girls who showed me round this morning were a credit to themselves, their families and their school. If the school can produce such confident, articulate children considering they are not selected by academic achievement then a huge to the school (one of the girls was English)

Need to visit the two local secondary schools to get a true comparison and then rob a bank!

Simon - they no longer go to Karori for any lessons, there are enough kids/classrooms at Whitby

Last edited by MOSO; May 20th 2011 at 2:15 am.
Old May 20th 2011, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MOSO
I agree Browner but you never know. Back in 2008 we looked a private school in Wellington and came away with the thought "we're never sending our kids there"!

Anyway, the 2 teenage girls who showed me round this morning were a credit to themselves, their families and their school. If the school can produce such confident, articulate children considering they are not selected by academic achievement then a huge to the school (one of the girls was English)

Need to visit the two local secondary schools to get a true comparison and then rob a bank!

Simon - they no longer go to Karori for any lessons, there are enough kids/classrooms at Whitby
We're 400 yrds away from the school, but i still can't afford 13k a year...