Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Sample of nursing cv

Sample of nursing cv

Old Apr 28th 2016, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sample of nursing cv

Hi
My recruiter sent this through as an example of how hey like nurses to present their cv.. Hope it helps

Name: ​​xxxxx
Current position: ​xxxxx

PERSONAL DETAILS

Home Address: ​​xxxxx
Nationality: ​​xxxxx
Date of Birth: ​​xxxxx
NZ Registration Status: ​(eg In process, awaiting outcome, registered with/out APC)
Immigration Status: ​(eg WHV, Work Visa, Residency)
Driving Licence Status
ETA to NZ:​​xxxxx
Traveling with: ​​(eg independently, family members, friends, please remember to include any pets coming with or after you)

CAREER SUMMARY
In (year) I qualified with a (qualification; Diploma, Bachelor, etc) from the (training institution). Since graduating, I have worked in (list all areas you have worked in here)

In my current role I … (list brief description on your role, department and specialty, length of time in this role). My main interest and experience has been in (list specialty or range of areas you are competent in)

I am a XXXX( please write a paragraph explaining your personal / character strengths and attributes – aspects you can draw on here could include; communication skills, work ethic, personality – i.e calm, motivated, dedicated, confident, hardworking reliable etc )

I have just recently completed… (list any recent post-graduate training, certifications or secondments that you have completed)

My motivation to come to NZ is… (please give 1-2 sentences and mention if you have travelled to NZ previously or not)

PROFESSIONAL EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND

Most recent
Month/Year – Month/ Year​​Qualification
​​​​​Training institution

POST-GRADUATE EDUCATION /CERTIFICATIONS
Please include all training you have completed since graduating (if possible) including any in-house and formal qualifications

Most recent
Month/ year​​​​Qualification/certification
​​​​​Training institution/hospital
​​​​​Expiry/validation date (if required)

CURRENT EMPLOYMENT

1)
Date:​​​​​Month/year – Month/year
Role/position:​​​​Senior/Staff Nurse – avg hours per week
Employer: ​​​​XXX Hospital or private employer name
Address: ​​​​City/Country or full address whenever available
Nurse/Patient Ratio: ​​XX:XX

Ward Description and common admissions
In my current role I work on …. (describe the unit specialty, bed numbers, common admissions, as well as any extreme cases you have worked on, adult/paed or both, ). Feel free to elaborate on your role and department between 1-5 paragraphs.

Principal Duties
This is an example list only, it is very important that you please add to this according to your specific nursing role and experience. An ED nurse will have very different tasks to an elderly rehab nurse

• Pre and Post-operative cares
• Check IV infusions, dosage, rate and access
• NGT insertion, aspirate check and feeding, both via pump and by gravity.
• Prepare and assist in diagnostic procedure
• Administration of fluids, blood and blood products
• Pain and sedation management, mostly for post-operative pain.
• PCA and epidural care
• Suturing and Plastering
• Commencement of enteral feeds via NGT and PEG
• Drug administration and calculation
• Foley catheter insertion and supra pubic catheter care
• Observe aseptic technique, barrier nursing and personal hygiene
• Wound management, irrigation, packing, drains staple and sutures removal
• Specimen collection and follow up results
• Liaising with multi-disciplinary team and relatives
• TPN/ stoma care and blood glucose monitoring
• Admissions, transfers, referrals, and discharges
• Teaching Students
• Being in charge of ward when required
• Immunizations
• Infection control
• Preparing and discharging patients

Equipment Used
This is an example list only, it is very important that you please add to this according to your specific nursing role and experience.

Portable and pipe in oxygen; portable and stationary suction devices; sling hoists, mobility aids, tube feeding pumps, IV infusion pumps, automated medication dispensary

PREVIOUS EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
- List positions below from most recent to first role as a graduate (if possible)
- Explain/describe each role
- List any career gaps longer than 3 months

2)

Description:
In this role I worked on…. (describe the unit specialty, bed numbers, common admissions, as well as any extreme cases you have worked on, adult/paed or both, ). Elaborate on your role and department between 1-3 paragraphs.

3)
Nurse/Patient Ratio: ​​​XX:XX

Description:
In this role I worked on…. (describe the unit specialty, bed numbers, common admissions, as well as any extreme cases you have worked on, adult/paed or both, ). Elaborate on your role and department between 1-3 paragraphs.

PROFESSIONAL REGISTRATION/MEMBERSHIPS:

• Name of Authority – Year registered, and expiry/validation date if available

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Volunteering experience, relevant under-graduate experience (if required) personal achievements, travel etc

HOBBIES/INTERESTS:

• xx

REFEREES
It is important to provide a referee contact for your current employer.
The other two referees can be a mix of two senior colleagues or one senior colleague and one previous employer depending on your situation.

1. Current Employer

Name:​​xxxxx
Role: ​​xxxxx
Hospital: ​xxxxx
Duration of employment under XXXX:​(month/year – month/year)
Work Phone:​(international code) xxxxx
Landline:​(international code) xxxxx
Cell:​​(international code) xxxxx
Work email:​xxxxx

XX is my current (employer/manager) and she/he is willing to act as a referee for me.

2. Previous employer (if recently changed roles within the last 12 months or changed specialty)

Hospital: ​xxxxx​
Duration of employment under XXXX: ​(month/year – month/year)

XX is my previous (employer/manager) and she/he is willing to act as a referee for me.

3. Senior Colleague (can be a consultant or nurse who must have worked alongside you)

Role: ​​xxxxx​
Duration worked with XXXX: ​​(month/year – month/year)
Work Phone: ​(international code) xxxxx
Landline: ​(international code) xxxxx

XX is my senior colleague and she/he is willing to act as a referee for me.
Old Apr 28th 2016, 8:33 pm
Just Joined

fiddler is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sample of nursing cv

Excellent. Thanks for that. My CV is pretty much on the same format that you have posted. Applied in 4 places and got a call very next day from all 4 even though the closing date was about a month away. Telephone interview couple of days later and now they are waiting for referees before making a formal offer.
Old Apr 28th 2016, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fiddler
Excellent. Thanks for that. My CV is pretty much on the same format that you have posted. Applied in 4 places and got a call very next day from all 4 even though the closing date was about a month away. Telephone interview couple of days later and now they are waiting for referees before making a formal offer.
Fantastic, what speciality are you in? I'm just going through the registration process
Old Apr 28th 2016, 8:42 pm
Just Joined

mental health
Old Apr 28th 2016, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fiddler
mental health
I hope I find a job as easy. good luck with everything
Old Apr 28th 2016, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by inkedneonurse
I hope I find a job as easy. good luck with everything
Thanks. Wish you all the best with your job hunt.
Old Aug 14th 2016, 5:16 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
My recruiter sent this through as an example of how hey like nurses to present their cv.. Hope it helps
-------
Thats fantastic, many thanks
Old Jan 17th 2017, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

Sam13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thankyou for posting this, its exactly what I needed to find today, after seeing my dream job advertised with only 5 days to go until closing date!! :-/
Old Jan 17th 2017, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sam13
Thankyou for posting this, its exactly what I needed to find today, after seeing my dream job advertised with only 5 days to go until closing date!! :-/
Good luck
Old Feb 19th 2019, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

Luisec143 is an unknown quantity at this point

great post
Old Jun 13th 2019, 12:30 am
Just Joined

kimberley_dunlop is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya, sorry for jumping in. I'm also a mental health nurse looking to relocate. Have you all managed to recieve job offer before applying for visa? Also are recruiters willing to hold jobs for length of time process takes? Thanks so much.
Old Jun 13th 2019, 12:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi there, I managed to get a job before i came out, the current state of immigration mean you will most likely need an offer for the required points (if going for residency), have a look at accent health recruitment they give good advice and are free, you will need to be quite far into the nursing registration process to be considered by most jobs
Old Jul 9th 2022, 1:33 am
Just Joined

PollyG has a reputation beyond reputePollyG has a reputation beyond reputePollyG has a reputation beyond reputePollyG has a reputation beyond reputePollyG has a reputation beyond reputePollyG has a reputation beyond reputePollyG has a reputation beyond reputePollyG has a reputation beyond reputePollyG has a reputation beyond reputePollyG has a reputation beyond reputePollyG has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Sample of nursing cv

Hi

Name: ​​xxxxx
Current position: ​xxxxx

PERSONAL DETAILS

Home Address: ​​xxxxx
Nationality: ​​xxxxx
Date of Birth: ​​xxxxx
NZ Registration Status: ​(eg In process, awaiting outcome, registered with/out APC)
Immigration Status: ​(eg WHV, Work Visa, Residency)
Driving Licence Status
ETA to NZ:​​xxxxx
Traveling with: ​​(eg independently, family members, friends, please remember to include any pets coming with or after you)

CAREER SUMMARY
In (year) I qualified with a (qualification; Diploma, Bachelor, etc) from the (training institution). Since graduating, I have worked in (list all areas you have worked in here)

In my current role I … (list brief description on your role, department and specialty, length of time in this role). My main interest and experience has been in (list specialty or range of areas you are competent in)

I am a XXXX( please write a paragraph explaining your personal / character strengths and attributes – aspects you can draw on here could include; communication skills, work ethic, personality – i.e calm, motivated, dedicated, confident, hardworking reliable etc )

I have just recently completed… (list any recent post-graduate training, certifications or secondments that you have completed)

My motivation to come to NZ is… (please give 1-2 sentences and mention if you have travelled to NZ previously or not)

PROFESSIONAL EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND

Most recent

POST-GRADUATE EDUCATION /CERTIFICATIONS
Please include all training you have completed since graduating (if possible) including any in-house and formal qualifications

Most recent
​​​​​Expiry/validation date (if required)

CURRENT EMPLOYMENT

1)

Ward Description and common admissions
In my current role I work on …. (describe the unit specialty, bed numbers, common admissions, as well as any extreme cases you have worked on, adult/paed or both, ). Feel free to elaborate on your role and department between 1-5 paragraphs.

Principal Duties
This is an example list only, it is very important that you please add to this according to your specific nursing role and experience. An ED nurse will have very different tasks to an elderly rehab nurse

• Pre and Post-operative cares
• Check IV infusions, dosage, rate and access
• NGT insertion, aspirate check and feeding, both via pump and by gravity.
• Prepare and assist in diagnostic procedure
• Administration of fluids, blood and blood products
• Pain and sedation management, mostly for post-operative pain.
• PCA and epidural care
• Suturing and Plastering
• Commencement of enteral feeds via NGT and PEG
• Drug administration and calculation
• Foley catheter insertion and supra pubic catheter care
• Observe aseptic technique, barrier nursing and personal hygiene
• Wound management, irrigation, packing, drains staple and sutures removal
• Specimen collection and follow up results
• Liaising with multi-disciplinary team and relatives
• TPN/ stoma care and blood glucose monitoring
• Admissions, transfers, referrals, and discharges
• Teaching Students
• Being in charge of ward when required
• Immunizations
• Infection control
• Preparing and discharging patients

Equipment Used
This is an example list only, it is very important that you please add to this according to your specific nursing role and experience.

Portable and pipe in oxygen; portable and stationary suction devices; sling hoists, mobility aids, tube feeding pumps, IV infusion pumps, automated medication dispensary

PREVIOUS EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
- List positions below from most recent to first role as a graduate (if possible)
- Explain/describe each role
- List any career gaps longer than 3 months

2)

Description:

3)
Nurse/Patient Ratio: ​​​XX:XX

Description:

PROFESSIONAL REGISTRATION/MEMBERSHIPS:

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Volunteering experience, relevant under-graduate experience (if required) personal achievements, travel etc

HOBBIES/INTERESTS:

• xx

REFEREES
It is important to provide a referee contact for your current employer.
The other two referees can be a mix of two senior colleagues or one senior colleague and one previous employer depending on your situation.

1. Current Employer

Duration of employment under XXXX:​(month/year – month/year)

XX is my current (employer/manager) and she/he is willing to act as a referee for me.

2. Previous employer (if recently changed roles within the last 12 months or changed specialty)

Hospital: ​xxxxx​
Duration of employment under XXXX: ​(month/year – month/year)

XX is my previous (employer/manager) and she/he is willing to act as a referee for me.

3. Senior Colleague (can be a consultant or nurse who must have worked alongside you)

Role: ​​xxxxx​
Duration worked with XXXX: ​​(month/year – month/year)
Work Phone: ​(international code) xxxxx
Landline: ​(international code) xxxxx

XX is my senior colleague and she/he is willing to act as a referee for me.
Hi,
Don't supply your date of birth in your CV. Ageism is illegal in NZ and the organisation isn't allowed to ask for your date of birth as part of the recruiting process, only once you are offered a place. Some organisations include it in the application form, but it is supposed to be hidden from the people who are actually recruiting.