SALARY SHOCKER

Old Mar 25th 2010, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

MARTINE1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SALARY SHOCKER

HAVE JUST LEARNT THAT IF WERE SUCSESSFUL WITH HOUR APPLICATION TO THE NZ PRISON SERVICE WE WILL HAVE TO START AT THE BOTTOM OF THEIR PAY SCALE,EVEN THO WE HAVE JOINTLY 26 YEARS SERVICE IN THIS COUNTRYAND PARNTNER HAS RANK .THIS MEANS WE WILL START ON $90.000 JOINTLY WHICH IS A SUBSTANTIAL DROP FOR US THIS HAS WORRIED US SLIGHTLY, WE WILL BE BRINGING 1 GROWN UP(ALLEDGLY)
SON 22 YRS YOUNG, WHO WILL ALSO BE WORKING.....EVENTUALLY......
WHAT ARE WE LIKELY TO BE LEFT WITH AFTER STOPAGES EACH MONTH???JUST TRYING TO GET A ROUGH IDEA IN THESE EARLY STAGES TO GAUGE WHAT SORT OF PROPERTY WE COULD RENT WHILE WE LOOK TO BUY?
WE WILL BE BRINGING SOME MONEY WITH US BUT THIS WILL BE OUR HOUSE DEPOSIT.
AS A FOOTNOTE I WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL THE PEOPLE WHO TRY AND ASSIST NEWCOMERS I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO GLEEN MORE INFO FROM THIS SITE THAN ANY BOOK,OR OUR CALLS TO GOV NZ ....
SO THANK YOU
Old Mar 25th 2010, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really nice
Default Re: SALARY SHOCKER

Thats not too bad as a joint salary - take home pay would be around $6k per month.

What you can afford depends on where you'll be living
Old Mar 25th 2010, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Agree, that's comfortably over the average household income of $75k, being a split income your tax position is good, and you have no dependants. You should be able to have a comfortable lifestyle in a decent rental on that, so go for it

PS - your caps lock key appears to be broken
Old Mar 25th 2010, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

dannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond repute

He he lapsed kiwi....in case your not aware Martine1 capslock is "SHOUTING" in cyberworld.

Very much depends on where you will live, $90,000 in Wellington for some people might be a tight squeeze, but two adults should be fine supposing your 22yr old gets his own income. All depends on your lifestyle really. If you worked in Milton prison, $90,0000 would give you a very good lifestyle in the South Island...you might even have enough money left over to go and visit the big smoke occasionally!!
Old Mar 25th 2010, 7:03 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=dannigirl;8448553]He he lapsed kiwi....in case your not aware Martine1 capslock is "SHOUTING" in cyberworld.:/QUOTE]

Nope, broken, every post is in CAPITALS as is the name!
Old Mar 25th 2010, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

dannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond repute

Crikey you are observant....it's just my dad is not computer minded and emails me totally in caps!!!

Shout away Martine1
Old Mar 25th 2010, 8:02 pm
Just Joined

Ssshhhhhh sorry everyone for shouting . No broken key just uneducated when it comes to keyboard etiquette or cyber manners ,No offence intended.
Have applied for x4 prisons mostly South and S.E of south island, Have had a look and comfortable rent looks like$300.00 P.W So that re assuring.
Old Mar 25th 2010, 8:12 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MARTINE1
Ssshhhhhh sorry everyone for shouting . No broken key just uneducated when it comes to keyboard etiquette or cyber manners ,No offence intended.
Have applied for x4 prisons mostly South and S.E of south island, Have had a look and comfortable rent looks like$300.00 P.W So that re assuring.
Awwwww bless - you didn't offend anyone!

With the salary you're quoting and the rents you're quoting I would think you'd be quite comfortable?
Old Mar 25th 2010, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

No offence taken!!!

Shoot was putting in some links for you and just deleted them all...will try again!

Fooferfish is the resident expert on prisons...he works at Milton prison and also knows loads of info on some of the others. I am sure he will be along soon to give you some more info.

Just some advice regarding Invercargill....there is a reason why there are not many (if any) people on this site live in Invercargill. Invercargill is a bit grim (my opinion, and I did live in Bluff for four years when I was a child). Southland as a region has some stunning scenery but it (in my humble opinion) would take a brave person to move from the UK to Invercargill....culture shock might not completely cover it

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=milton+prison

Old Mar 25th 2010, 9:38 pm
Just Joined

Ah Mr fooferfish,he s already been really helpful as have many people on forum
yes Invercagill is one of the prisons that are processing our applications ,as is Otago , wellington, and CHRISTCHURCH ooppps sorry Christchurch ssshhh.
Im not known for my patience, I wish they processed apps as quickly as MacDonalds
Old Mar 26th 2010, 6:23 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I wish they processed apps as quickly as MacDonalds
Eh?
Old Mar 26th 2010, 6:48 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Awwwww bless - you didn't offend anyone!

With the salary you're quoting and the rents you're quoting I would think you'd be quite comfortable?
Agree.... me thinks you'll be fine!
Old Mar 26th 2010, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

Newfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BEVS
Eh?
McDonalds are renowned for processing applicatons quickly to take on any labour that they can get, (I think is what is meant)!

Salary and rental quotes you should be absolutely fine.
Old Mar 26th 2010, 8:24 am
Just Joined

Yeah, MacDonalds process applications "while you wait" looks like prison service could take ages .
If we get job offer how long do you think we ll wait for visa s????? I know this will be a guesstimate but a rough idea would be handy we will have scores of 200 and 205....
Old Mar 26th 2010, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

Newfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud of

Yeah, MacDonalds process applications "while you wait" looks like prison service could take ages .
If we get job offer how long do you think we ll wait for visa s????? I know this will be a guesstimate but a rough idea would be handy we will have scores of 200 and 205....

Assuming you are at the stage where your EOI has been selected from the pool, once you have your job offer/s in writting fax them through to immigration they should assign you a case officer pretty much straingt away.

Depending that you meet all criteria medicals etc then it could take as little as 3 months, (my signature will give you an idea of our time line 3 1/2 months total).

One thing that they may do is put a clause on your residency called a section 18A which means that residency is offered on the take up of the job offer and that you are employed at that jo for 3 months.

After the 3 months are up send passports and payslips to immigration to get it lifted.

HTH

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.