Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Salary calculator!

Salary calculator!

Old Aug 6th 2007, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

RedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to all
Default Salary calculator!

Someone recently put down a very useful link - basically you can work out what wages you will be taking home after tax. NZ wages, that it!

Typically, I can't find or remember what link it was put under, can anyone help?!
Old Aug 6th 2007, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

spoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nice
Default Re: Salary calculator!

I linked this last week, not sure if thats it but hope it helps

https://www.ird.govt.nz/cgi-bin/form.cgi?form=incrates
Old Aug 6th 2007, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to all

That was the one! Thank you very much!
Old Aug 6th 2007, 2:56 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

39% tax for everything over $60K!!!

I knew it already, but seeing that the gov't will probably be taking somewhere around $25K in taxes from me makes me feel rather weak...
Old Aug 6th 2007, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Maz
39% tax for everything over $60K!!!

I knew it already, but seeing that the gov't will probably be taking somewhere around $25K in taxes from me makes me feel rather weak...
It's 19.5% on the first $38,000 you earn, 33% $38,000-$60,000 and 39% anything earned over that!!!
Old Aug 6th 2007, 5:28 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedMonsk
It's 19.5% on the first $38,000 you earn, 33% $38,000-$60,000 and 39% anything earned over that!!!
Anyone know how many years of continuous pay you have to earn to qualify for a government pension? Shouldn't be too much with those tax rates!!!
Old Aug 6th 2007, 5:55 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Maz
Anyone know how many years of continuous pay you have to earn to qualify for a government pension? Shouldn't be too much with those tax rates!!!
I understand that at age sixty-five you will get a superannuation of about NZ$265 a week (less 19.5% tax) for singles and NZ$420 per week (less 19.5%) for married couples.
I think that's how it works.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 7:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by happynz
I understand that at age sixty-five you will get a superannuation of about NZ$265 a week (less 19.5% tax) for singles and NZ$420 per week (less 19.5%) for married couples.
I think that's how it works.
How long do you have to be a resident to receive state pension?!
Old Aug 6th 2007, 7:27 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

How long do you have to be a resident to receive state pension?!
Try this site:

http://www.workandincome.govt.nz/doc...rannuation.pdf

From this information it turns out my figures I stated above are off by a bit.

Last edited by happynz; Aug 6th 2007 at 7:34 pm.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bugger! Can I gather from this, that emmigrants are entitled to nothing?!
Old Aug 6th 2007, 8:20 pm

If you are a permanent resident you'll get something at age sixty-five. However, it'll be means-tested.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

If you are a permanent resident you'll get something at age sixty-five. However, it'll be means-tested.
Lets hope our new life in NZ isn't too big a success then!!!
Old Aug 6th 2007, 8:33 pm
Maz

Being lazy and not reading that document, anyone know off-hand how long you have to have been a citizen for before it's not means-tested?
Old Aug 6th 2007, 9:19 pm
Banned

Colin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really nice

You mean no pension or state benefit? Wrong

Best advice ask at Work and Income but word of caution find someone who knows what they are talking about. Question everything they say dont take it on face value especially on migrant issues.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 9:21 pm
Banned

Colin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really nice

Originally Posted by Maz
Being lazy and not reading that document, anyone know off-hand how long you have to have been a citizen for before it's not means-tested?
Got to get Citzinship first unless you already done that?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.