Salary

Old Nov 23rd 2012, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

Padycosforbos is just really nicePadycosforbos is just really nicePadycosforbos is just really nicePadycosforbos is just really nicePadycosforbos is just really nicePadycosforbos is just really nicePadycosforbos is just really nicePadycosforbos is just really nice
Default Salary

Ok - You have all been super helpful and I have less than a week to make up my mind... I am not comfortable with putting the 'offered' salary here (just incase the potential new boss see's it lol)

But hypothetically... what would you guys constitute a decent salary? 80/100/120/140? NZ bucks that is... My OH dunt have a job, we love to drink , dont smoke - but do want to rent a nice house in a rural area (have to with our mutts) realistically what would be a comfortable salary to life off. And I mean to go on holidays, odd meal out, and not to be worrying about money? I have done research - tax- supermarket shopping etc.. but its not always the best way to get the facts - and this friends is where you come in!

Really need some help - big decision, and need it to be the right one! Job sounds great, company seems fab - its just we want a good standard of living - and need to know how much ish we need to get that ?

Ohh boy we going to have to buy lots of folks drinks if we do come - we owe you all for all your fab advice , as always appreciate it !
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Salary

Originally Posted by Padycosforbos
what would you guys constitute a decent salary? 80/100/120/140? NZ bucks that is...
All of the above are quite a way above the NZ national 'average' salary, though I concede that this is only for one person and to start with you'll be supporting the OH.

On the basis you will be a sole earner the higher end of the range you suggest would be, I imagine, a bare minimum if you're planning on having holidays away from NZ.
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 6:41 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

found this

http://www.careers.govt.nz/default.a...103&id1=j31331

Pay for quantity surveyors depends on where they work, and how much experience they have. A 2009 New Zealand Institute of Building survey found:

Entry-level quantity surveyors earn between $50,000 and $55,000 a year, depending on the region. Quantity surveyors in the Auckland region tend to earn from $5,000 to $10,000 a year more than quantity surveyors in other parts of New Zealand.
Intermediate-level quantity surveyors with two to five years' experience can expect to earn between $70,000 and $75,000.
Senior quantity surveyors with five or more years' experience can expect to earn between $85,000 and $100,000.

not sure how much it would of gone up if at all since 2009. will keep looking
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 6:44 pm

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

ahhh this site looks easier to read and is more up to date

http://www.enz.org/salary-quantity-surveyor.html

Junior quantity surveyors can expect a basic salary of between $50,000 and $55,000. With a few years’ experience this can rise to between $60,000 and $80,000. Senior quantity surveyors typically can earn between $80,000 and $130,000 depending on their field of expertise, experience and location.

For comparison, the average weekly full-time earnings in New Zealand including overtime for the quarter ending 31 March 2012 was $1,032 according to Statistics New Zealand. This would give an annual salary of around $53,000. Full-time workers in the public sector earn on average 40 % more than those employed full-time in the private sector.
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

Padycosforbos is just really nicePadycosforbos is just really nicePadycosforbos is just really nicePadycosforbos is just really nicePadycosforbos is just really nicePadycosforbos is just really nicePadycosforbos is just really nicePadycosforbos is just really nice

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
ahhh this site looks easier to read and is more up to date

http://www.enz.org/salary-quantity-surveyor.html

Junior quantity surveyors can expect a basic salary of between $50,000 and $55,000. With a few years’ experience this can rise to between $60,000 and $80,000. Senior quantity surveyors typically can earn between $80,000 and $130,000 depending on their field of expertise, experience and location.

For comparison, the average weekly full-time earnings in New Zealand including overtime for the quarter ending 31 March 2012 was $1,032 according to Statistics New Zealand. This would give an annual salary of around $53,000. Full-time workers in the public sector earn on average 40 % more than those employed full-time in the private sector.
Well its all sounding good just the ******* cost of bring me dogs over (and would love to bring Lilly the OH 's Connemara Pony aswell) looks like we owe you more than one drink lol - thanks a million!!
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 8:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

If you're looking at renting and potentially buying in ruralish Auckland, you need to squeeze every dollar you can out of that job. Whatever they have offered, please do feel free to ask if that's their best offer.

They always have a bit left in the tank and it might at least cover the cost for one or more of your dogs to get here.
Old Nov 24th 2012, 3:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt you will find a rental, even in rural areasl that will allow you to have dogs.
If you do you will be the only person I know to have done so.
Old Nov 24th 2012, 4:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

we found one with 3 dogs it is doable just tell them they are "outside" dogs

Neil
Old Nov 24th 2012, 4:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil

Neil
In our case I have no idea why the guy believed us as the section had no fences! Did he think we were going to tie them up? So yes, you can rent with multiple dogs - though it's not easy. It was our umpteenth attempt at finding somewhere....

Our staffie ate the door frame in the rental. Fortunately Neil is very handy and he fixed it invisibly, and we found some matching paint in the garage so no-one ever knew

Jan
Old Nov 24th 2012, 5:42 am

Our staffie ate the door frame in the rental. Fortunately Neil is very handy and he fixed it invisibly, and we found some matching paint in the garage so no-one ever knew

Jan

Until now
Old Nov 24th 2012, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

Moomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond repute

We rented rural with three dogs so it can be done, but they are few and far between.

We were lucky that we had approx 8 weeks' start ahead of the dogs in which to find a rental. It gave us time to find our feet and sort things out.

Old Nov 24th 2012, 7:21 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Have you looked on TradeMe for properties to rent ? That will give you an idea of what rents are in particular areas. I realise it's dependant on where your job will be based. The North Shore of Auckland is expensive, however, rural Auckland has been taken up by the urban sprawl. Dairy Flat is north of Auckland, so is Whangaparoa (pommy paroa 'cause so many Brits live there !).

My sister in law is renting near the East Coast Bays Road and has 2 cats. So, renting with pets can be done. Yes, I know cats aren't dogs.

Don't forget that the income tax is lower in NZ, also you pay no National Insurance. You can opt out of Kiwi Saver if you want to. That's your NZ pension contributions. Petrol is cheaper, but second hand cars are more expensive than Britain.

Good luck with EVERYTHING

Last edited by Snap Shot; Nov 24th 2012 at 7:25 am.
Old Nov 24th 2012, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Neil
I stand corrected

Every one I see states "no dogs"
Old Nov 26th 2012, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

UKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud of

Hi, as a QS all I can say is like any job your actual salary is dependent on a number of factors, like experience, what sector you are working for, type of employer etc will all depend on what package (i.e.vehicle, fuel etc) you are offered and of course the number of applicants that are 'right' for the job. Unfortunately, I can't comment on what salary would be suitable for your lifestyle and circumstances as I am single, no dependents and no pets.
Old Nov 26th 2012, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by Justcol
I stand corrected

Every one I see states "no dogs"
from what I have read on here, if you ask they might agree.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.