Salaries

Old Sep 11th 2008, 11:25 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Salaries

Originally Posted by crap coffee
making rubber also?
no just burning it......and not in my Hilman Imp!!
Old Oct 19th 2008, 5:42 am
Forum Regular

p__sullivan is an unknown quantity at this point

going back to the original question

I work in the environmental industry in NZ ( RMA stuff). Basically it depends on what area you are in but a rough guide is that the regional councils are paying 38k to 46K for new grads. about 46k for people with a couple of yr NZ exp and about 55K for people who have 5 yrs of exp..

These grades all have about 10K in them.. eg senior getting anywhere from 55 to 65K

Private industry is paying on ave about 10 more in the grade..

North Island is about 10K more in the grade for both gov and private. ( so a senior regional council post would be about 65k to 75k)

I have to say that the 100K bit is a bit misleading.. as a good accountant will try and bring your personal tax down to as little as possible ( i know mine does!!)

On the environmental front.. NZ has a massive shortage at the moment.. and its a sellers market.. once you get some NZ exp.. and that can be as little as 1 yrs worth... doors open pretty fast and you get yo move as far as you want.

I now make more over here than i ever could in the UK.. so all the info saying that NZ salaries are poor.. well yes.. but not always!

good luck with your searching
Old Oct 19th 2008, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

getmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud of

Gee thanks. Great reply and lots of info to get me thinking.

I've applied for a few jobs but haven't heard anything back yet. Am waiting for the 'thanks, but no thanks' e-mails as I have heard that employers are not too interested in you until you set foot on NZ soil and I can understand that, but it's still worth a shot. Someone out there might like me!

Thanks again for the very informative post
Old Oct 19th 2008, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

lossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nice

Originally Posted by getmethere
Gee thanks. Great reply and lots of info to get me thinking.

I've applied for a few jobs but haven't heard anything back yet. Am waiting for the 'thanks, but no thanks' e-mails as I have heard that employers are not too interested in you until you set foot on NZ soil and I can understand that, but it's still worth a shot. Someone out there might like me!

Thanks again for the very informative post
my other hubby was asked the same question and he had no idea so he told the guy what he earns now and the guy came back saying well you'll be looking at 70,000 for bottom line.